Excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group, LLC is seeking a professional, experienced Dental Assistant. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country. Services will be provided at any one of the following locations:
- Naval Hospital Bremerton :
- Branch Dental Clinic Bangor:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide for the examination, treatment, and disposition of patients compatible with the Dental Treatment Facility's operating capacity and equipment.
- Be responsible for a full range of dental assisting procedures in support of Dental Officer examinations and delivery of treatment under the "four handed dentistry" format within the personnel and equipment capabilities and limitations of the Dental Treatment Facility.
- Aid in the provision of mandated dental surveillance and preventive services and assist in ensuring the quality and timeliness of treatment records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided.
- Refer patients who present with a complaint to staff dentists for evaluation and continuation of care and attend multidisciplinary treatment team meetings on behalf of the dental officers.
Possess at least one of the following:
- Certificate or Associate Degree as a dental assistant/technician from a state accredited program and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant "A" school and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Certification from a Military Red Cross Dental Assistant course within the preceding 6 months.
- 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in a private practice or a military clinic.
- Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months.
- Graduation from a state accredited program for dental assistants or dental technology within the preceding 12 months.
- Possess certification or permit for use of dental X-ray equipment. Completion of a military dental technician or dental assistant "A" school will fulfill this requirement. Similarly, Dental Assistant program transcripts documenting dental X-ray training will also suffice.