About our Company:
We are a local company contracted with FedEx Ground. Our routes dispatch out of DuPont, WA and service Lakewood, University Place, Steilacoom, Lewis McChord, DuPont, and Rochester. Routes typically consist of at least 100 delivery stops and 2-10 pickup stops per day.
We value safety and teamwork in our workplace culture!
We are hiring for an Operations Manager. This employee will be in charge of the day to day operations and manage approximately 15 employees.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with FedEx personnel regarding day to day operations, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Answer all operational calls from FedEx personnel and company drivers.
- Attend daily meeting with FedEx P&D manager regarding operations of previous day.
- Utilize computer software program on route planning.
- Manage and oversee all drivers and their daily operations.
- Frequently check web application to oversee driver productivity and service levels, following up with drivers when needed.
- Utilizing web application to track and manage pickup windows with drivers.
- Follow up with FedEx personnel on customer complaints and disputed deliveries and keep records.
- Coordinate with maintenance supervisor regarding routine maintenance schedules (oil changes, tire changes, maintenance supplies, etc.)
- Conduct weekly safety meetings with drivers and maintain driver training records.
- Ride along with drivers at random to ensure safety practices.
- Conduct frequent safety meetings with drivers.
- Fill in driver routes when needed (drivers calling out sick, scheduled vacations, overflow volume, etc.)
- Dispatching drivers each morning on web application.
- Following up with drivers on pre-trip inspections.
- Coordinate training on all new hires.
- Other responsibilities when needed.
Experience and Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must have at least 2 years commercial driving experience (no CDL required).
- Must live close by DuPont, WA.
- Prior FedEx operations management experience in a contractor operated setting is preferable.
- Must be able to drive up to a 28 foot box truck proficiently.
- Monday - Friday
- Some weekends required
- Weekly bonuses based on ILS%
- Paid Holidays
- Direct deposit every Friday
- Company paid cell phone
- Paid vacation after 1 year
Post Mountain Investments, Inc.