Premier Nutrition Corporation (PNC) distributes nutritional food products to a health-conscious consumer base under the brand names of Premier Protein, PowerBar, Supreme Protein, and Joint Juice. With its "People First" culture, PNC treats employees with positivity and empathy, and embraces new and innovative ideas that spark passion, personal growth, and a healthy dose of fun around the office-for example, bringing dogs to work, company-wide volunteer days, philanthropy and sustainability programs, in-office massages; and we believe in respecting your own personal good energy needs by encouraging workouts or personal trainer classes in the office gym, recharging with yoga, and holding walking meetings.
What's it like to work here? Picture the scrappy culture of a start-up, the resources and systems of a respected consumer brand under the Post Holdings umbrella, and the innovativeness of a tech company and you've got a sense of what it feels like to work here. You'll walk into the office each Monday morning and find a hundred of your colleagues sitting on sofas, the stairs, overstuffed pillows, the floor, or chairs-if that's your jam-talking through the week ahead and learning about each other.
Big and small wins are recognized regularly, and all employees strive to empower and inspire each other daily-leading to a close-knit, highly engaged team atmosphere. Furthermore, senior leaders encourage and facilitate employees to get outside their comfort zones and learn practice areas beyond their current job description. The result is an accelerated personal growth trajectory with the opportunity to work alongside and learn from other teams. PNC is seeking an individual who will enjoy this team-oriented business environment and will be a leader in this high-growth company.
PNC is part of the Active Nutrition segment and is operated by its own senior leadership team, with publicly traded Post Holdings Inc. (FY 2017 sales of $5.2 billion) as a holding company acting in a "private equity" capacity. Shattering typical industry growth rates, Post Holdings' Active Nutrition segment is recognized as a leader in providing innovative products that support healthy, active lifestyles with over $700 million in sales in FY 2017 making it the second largest food and beverage manufacturer in the Bay Area. Post Holdings is comprised of the Active Nutrition portfolio, which includes PNC, Dymatize, and Active Nutrition International (protein bars, shakes and powder products), Post Consumer Brands (cereals), Michael Foods (eggs, potato, cheese, and pasta), Weetabix, and private label business groups, and is rapidly expanding via acquisition, including the recent acquisition of Bob Evans Farms, a leader in frozen breakfast meats and vegetables.
As a key part of the Quality team, the person filling this role will be involved in sample receipt, logging, review and storage. We're looking for someone who's flexible and has a positive outlook with a "can-do" attitude!
Routine Product Evaluation and Release-20%
- Set up daily sensory sessions on commercial products and log results
- Test samples for texture and viscosity as appropriate
- Review routine documentation for acceptability
- Escalate any out of specification results
- Communicate release to the team in a timely manner
- Sets up additional sample sensory or analysis as needed
- Assure that all samples have arrived
- Provide notification if samples do not arrive or are late
- Sort samples and move to offsite storage
- Organize and upkeep sample storage
- Track receipt of incoming complaint samples
- Perform testing on retain samples as needed to assess product performance
- Evaluate samples from any Quality shelf life studies
- Prepare samples for tastings as needed
- Assure quality documentation is kept up to date and organized
- Assist in making updates to existing procedures, specifications, and other files
- Assure completed documentation is checked in to the system and available for use.
- Organize and help maintain lab cleanliness
- Ship samples for testing
- Other duties as needed
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related science field
- 0-2 years of related laboratory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach and work ethic for a fast-paced company
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.