Director of Nursing
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 30 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Director of Nursing directs all nursing service activities for the facility assigned by making recommendations for staff/patient ratios, by maintaining a system to determine and provide adequate staff for provision of appropriate nursing care, by serving as a liaison between staff and administration, by promoting productivity of staff, by developing and implementing policies and procedures for nursing service in compliance with hospital system policies and procedures and accreditation standards.
The Director of Nursing must have:
- The verbal ability to express ideas and views effectively when speaking to groups, hospital managers and personnel
- The cognitive ability to gather and analyze data and prepare reports and to evaluate reports, programs and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria
- The numerical ability to evaluate statistical data and to make various computations in planning departmental operations and budget
- The organizational ability to plan and control the entire activities of the nursing service department, etc.
Education and Training:
- Must possess RN licensure in good standing in the state where the hospital practices.
- Must possess a postgraduate degree in nursing or a related field; or the knowledge and skills associated with an advanced degree.
- Has current CPR certification and maintains same
- CCRN or CRRN preferred
- Minimum of five years nursing experience in a medical/surgical environment required; three years experience in nursing supervisory roles, with increasing responsibility desired