- Expired: March 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1966, Positronic is a progressive, global company that builds premium power and signal connectors for several industries, including medical, aerospace and military. We are located across three continents and are looking for highly motivated, passionate people to join our 500+ team! We offer an excellent benefits package, highlighted by low-cost health insurance, quarterly bonus program, and a 5% employee-match 401k retirement plan. Discover more at https://www.connectpositronic.com/en/
Setup and operate one or more single spindle horizontal swiss type automatic screw machine to perform a series of machine operations such as boring, threading, and facing metal wire, rod, or bar stock to specifications
- Studies blueprints and layout sheets to determine machining to be done, dimensions of parts permissible tolerances, and plans a sequence of operations.
- Visualizes movement of machine parts, workpieces, and tools in each operation in relation to others and decides on station and timing of each operation to assure efficient use of tools and time.
- Selects cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts and cutting tools to be used, based on experience and knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics, or by referring to tables, charts, or instructions on layout sheets.
- Installs collets and bushings.
- Inserts stock into the stock feed mechanism.
- Mounts cutting tools in tool holders on machines, and verifies their position using gauges and other measuring instruments.
- Operates machines through a cycle, adjusts tool positions, and machine controls as needed to allow for factors such as timing and clearance between moving parts.
- Starts, observes, and verifies machine conformance of first run and sample workpieces to specifications, using assorted measuring instruments.
- Replaces worn tools.
- Ensure machines are operating and producing quality parts at an efficient rate.
- Protecting themselves and their co-workers by adhering to all company safety & health policies.
- Participating in safety program activities.
- Identifying hazards in the workplace and reporting them to their supervisors
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be able to work in higher that average noise levels where hearing protection is required.
- Basic measurement and mathematics knowledge
- Stand for 6 8 hours a day
- Regularly use hands to handle or feel
- Occasionally bend and squat
- Occasionally crouch and kneel
- Occasionally push, pull, and reach above the shoulders
- Frequently lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work near moving parts
- Work in areas with higher than average noise levels where hearing protection is required
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Attention to Detail -Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Multi-limb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support parts of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without "giving out" or fatiguing.
POSITRONIC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS "AT-WILL." THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Positronic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding EEOC requirements please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Positronic Industries participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. The E-Verify program is a web-based employment eligibility verification system for newly hired employees operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Any candidate that needs accommodation or assistance with the application process should contact HR at email@example.com or at 1-800-641-4054.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
1325 N Eldon AveSpringfield, MO
ManufacturingView all jobs at Positronic Industries
Get fresh Trainee Cnc Machine Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.