The Supervising Employment Specialist provides strategic Employment Services to clients with HIV and/or mental health issues, as well as and supervises designated Employment Services staff.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Assumes responsibility for the program in the absence of the Managing Director of Employment Services Program.
- Supervises, evaluates, and trains designated staff in Employment Services, according to the organizational chart with support of Managing Director of Employment Services Program.
- Works with Managing Director of Employment Services to ensure the fulfillment of programmatic goals, such as units of service, number of intakes, trainings and community outreach.
- Supervises and provides leadership for Employment Specialists.
- Leads case conference with specified staff and completes file reviews.
- Attends community meetings as needed.
- Resolves client conflicts and pertinent issues.
- Conducts Client Intake and Assessment.
- Leads Service Planning
- Oversees Service Coordination
- Directs Employment Preparation
- Coordinates Job Development, Placement and Follow-Up
- Conducts Workshop/Group Facilitation
- File Management/Contractual Reporting
- Minimum of four years in employment services direct service delivery or closely related experience.
- B.A. preferred.
- General understanding of HIV/AIDS and other barriers to employment.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Patience, diplomacy, and a high level of customer service skills required.
- Ability to be sensitive to and work well with people with disabilities (including HIV/AIDS), people of color, sexual minorities, gender minorities and low income individuals.
- Familiarity with the San Francisco labor market, business community, and human service and training resources.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Access.
- Bilingual and bicultural (Spanish/English) highly desirable.
- 2 years of management experience