Sr Embedded Firmware Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hi there, We’re Positioning Universal Inc, a Positioning Universal Holdings Company, and we're looking for Sr. Embedded Firmware Developers who want to grow with us!
What You'll Do …
The Sr. Embedded Firmware Developer will bring experience, collaboration and a passion for developing and enhancing state-of-the-art wireless Internet of Things (“IoT”) products with GNS, accelerometers, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, vehicle bus, and more. You enjoy planning, developing, designing and validating high performance firmware for wireless IoT devices - from conducting failure analysis to performing unit testing and troubleshooting bugs, to documenting firmware engineering designs and developing technical documentation for existing and new products. What sets you apart is your ability to combine your excellent programming skills in C with a solid understanding of embedded systems design and debugging methodologies. Your experience will allow you to quickly architect, code, and integrate firmware for any of our hardware products.
What Does Success Look Like to You …
- Get on Top of Everything: During the first 30 days work with other team members to gain a solid understanding of how our products work. Learn the solution well enough to be able to communicate effectively with other team members about functionality and technical concerns.
- Own a Feature: With the first 60 days, you will know the products well enough to take ownership of at least one product feature.
- Become an Active Contributor: Within the first six months you will be able to utilize both your existing and your expanded knowledge to actively contribute to the enhancement of both existing and new products from architecture to coding and integration of firmware for any of our hardware products.
- Continual Development: You will continually expand your knowledge of existing and new technologies to help keep our solutions at the forefront of technology.
How You’ll Do It:
- You have proven experience designing and developing embedded firmware and have hands on experience with various microcontrollers unit (MCU) cores (16 to 32-bits, common ARM Cortex) and peripherals
- You have strong experience developing on Bare-Metal or RTOS in RTOS (FreeRTOS, VxWorks, uC/OS, or equivalent), software development and verification methodology, version control and automation tools
- Scrappy and entrepreneurial — you have a sense of ownership over everything that you do, and you’ll go the extra mile to get things done.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related field and 5+ years experience in firmware/embedded micro-controller development or similar position, with experience in GPS (Or Equivalent)
- Solid experience with memory and power constrained micro-controllers and knowledge of ARM architecture
- Experience with C programming on Micro-Controller (uC) or System-on-Chip (SoC)
- Capable of reading the circuit design, schematic, data sheets, and perform board bring up as needed, and troubleshooting device with the firmware – including hardware driver development/debugging and troubleshooting and debug skills/debugging tools (JTAG, SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
- Experience developing for serial communication protocols (I2C or UART or SPI)
- Device IO (Serial, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth)
- Basic understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP
- Experience in CAN bus and communication protocol stack concepts
- Experience in the development of firmware to control ADC and DAC
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, etc)
- Working knowledge of Linux and scripting e.g BASH
- Familiar with the Development IDEs such as IAR, Keil, Eclipse, or Visual Studio
- Familiar with source control system such as Git, SVN, Perforce, etc
- Valid driver's license (some driving for test purposes necessary - 10%)
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluent, grammatically correct English, at a level suitable for communicating with all levels of contacts for this position
- You are able to occasionally travel to, or willing to relocate to the San Diego, California area.
Nice to have -
- Master's degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related field.
- Version-management / source-code control experience
What We Offer ...
Educational assistance with company a sponsored tuition reimbursement plan
Ongoing learning opportunities
Team building events including happy hours, company parties & team challenges
We believe in total wellness that includes -
Highly competitive salaries
Confidential employee assistance program
Paid vacation & get-well time
Generous health packages with FSA for medical, dental & vision
401k with matching and Third-Party Financial Advisor
Company-paid short- and long-term disability
Company-paid employee life insurance
BONUSES: This position is eligible for project bonuses and relocation assistance!
Salary Range: Flexible for the right candidate
Positioning Universal Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are trail blazers, innovators, collaborators and thought provokers working in the up-and-coming tech mecca of San Diego. We are not just a technology company, we are a company that develops innovative devices, wireless services, and tracking technologies to make our customers’ mobile world easier. We are leading the way for the development of innovative services, high-quality manufacturing, and global sourcing of high-quality components and products, and we want your ambition, your desire to succeed, and your creativity to help us keep blazing trails.
We love what we do, and so can you. With an inclusive growth focused culture, we are a young, privately held company that likes to celebrate small wins and create an atmosphere that promotes fun, learning and growth.
Positioning Universal IncWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, opportunities for career growth, weekly employee events, tuition reimbursement and ongoing learning opportunities!
Hi there, we are Positioning Universal. We are trail blazers, innovators, collaborators and thought provokers working in the up-and-coming tech mecca of San Diego. We are not just a technology company, we are a company that develops innovative devices, wireless services, and tracking technologies to make our customers’ mobile world easier. We are leading the way for the development of innovative services, high-quality manufacturing, and global sourcing of high-quality components and products, and we want your ambition, your desire to succeed, and your creativity to help us keep blazing trails. We love what we do, and so can you. With an inclusive growth focused culture, we are a young, privately held company that likes to celebrate small wins and create an atmosphere that promotes fun, learning and growth.
TechnologyView all jobs at Positioning Universal Inc