System Administrator, Google Workspace and Okta
- Posted: over a month ago
The System Administrator, Google Workspace and Okta will partner with business users and the IT team to support, grow, and mature the use of Google Workspace and Okta capabilities and other corporate applications within the enterprise. This position is responsible for ensuring the operational effectiveness of Google Workspace, Google Cloud, Okta, Active Directory, and adjoining technologies in the collaboration ecosystem.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers, manages, supports, and maintains the Google Workspace and Okta ecosystems along with other adjacent IT platforms/applications
- Automates the provisioning and de-provisioning of the Creation and management of users in groups in Okta
- Configures and manages Google Workspace services including mail delivery, routing, and filtering
- Supports Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites, and Groups)
- Leads and facilitates enterprise rollout of custom solutions that integrates Google Workspace and Okta functionalities
- Partners with other IT functions to evaluate, prioritize, and resolve new issues and problem scenarios
- Takes ownership of the overall Google Workspace account management process along with other IT platforms
- Develops new system processes and improves existing ones for efficient Google Workspace account lifecycle management
- Administers and manages the publishing and revocation of apps and extensions within the enterprise mobile and Chrome app stores
- Perform new application provisioning and application lifecycle management
- Support IT team as an escalation resource for Google Workspace, SSO and two-factor authentication issues
- Assist teams in migrating authentication to Okta, including requirements gathering, configuration, and testing.
- Document administrative processes and enable other members of the IT team to better support our use of IAM technologies
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved within a timely manner
- Develops and communicates a schedule for future releases and enhancements
- Manages feedbacks to facilitate data architecture that enables cross departmental data analysis and business needs
- Escalates support issues to Google and Okta Support, follows up, and resolves them in a timely manner
- Mentors other team members on new technologies
- Excellent project management, organizational, and follow-through skill set
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills with ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Strong fundamentals in networking protocols and troubleshooting
- Ability to design, plan, and implement processes relating to the IT environment
- Commitment to Excellence – Identify what needs to be accomplished and take action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values – Understand, embrace and integrate PosiGen's corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Customer Service - Identify and respond to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal customers (employees)
- Safety and Security – Promote a safe work environment for employees
- Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer/software engineering, or equivalent education and related experience
- Strong working knowledge of Google platform and Google Workspace applications
- Experience as a Google Workspace Admin or Google Admin to support the following applications: Google Workspace, Backupify, Zoom, Jira, Slack, Mosyle, Mas360, AD, Intune, NETSUITE & Trend Micro
- Strong working knowledge of OKTA service, OKTA life cycle management
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP, SSO, SAML, auto-provisioning, or automating complex infrastructures
- Experience in administering Windows and Apple operating systems.
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at PosiGen