Chief Financial Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY RANGE: no minimum salary specified- no maximum salary specified
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority (PRHA) is a Moving to Work (MTW) Authority and a dedicated member of the Portsmouth community working passionately to provide and manage affordable housing in our area. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) oversees all financial aspects of agency’s operations, including financial accounting systems, internal controls, internal and external reporting, and compliance with government regulations. As a key stakeholder of the agency’s leadership team, the CFO will help identify staffing needs and revisions needed for the organizational structure, evaluate, and implement policies and procedures to ensure that policies and goals implemented and effective, and will help define the agency’s strategic business plans and monitor and evaluate their financial effectiveness.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
• Leads a team of three direct reports, setting clear expectations, providing training and coaching, and fostering a communicative, teamwork-oriented environment.
• Prepares and analyzes financial statements and supporting documentation, including preparing and presenting materials to the Board of Commissioners.
• Ensures compliance with financial reporting requirements set forth by government agencies, funders, and partnership agreements, 1099 reporting, etc.
• Manages the annual audit process for the agency and affiliated partnerships, ensuring all tax and compliance reporting is completed timely and accurately.
• Establishes and maintains all accounting and financial reporting systems, ensuring the general ledger is maintained accurately and that accounting records are organized in an orderly fashion.
• Manages cash flow and investments, taking into consideration projected investments in real estate development and special projects.
• Manages the annual budget process for the agency and affiliates from preparation through approval.
• Manages payroll and benefits program administration, acts as backup when needed.
• Maintains cost center expense allocations and ensures compliance with policies and regulations.
• Collaborates on real estate development opportunities, including review and analysis of financial projections, to ensure fiscal soundness and compatibility with agency strategic plans.
• Reviews and reconciles major development and capital budget draws.
• Serves as financial administrator for third party managed real estate, including review of monthly financials, annual budgets, and completion of annual audits and tax returns.
• Manages banking relationships and administers access of online banking platforms.
• Develops, maintains, and audits written financial policies, procedures, and related materials.
• Ensures agency compliance with applicable government regulations and funder requirements.
• Assists other staff with assignments as necessary, and performs other related duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial and accounting practices, including GAAP, GASB, and GAAS.
• Interpreting complex financial, technical, and governmental regulations and laws.
• Preparing complex financial, program, and statistical statements and reports.
• Analyzing, defining, and correcting accounting discrepancies.
• Supervises and evaluates the work of subordinates; leading, planning, and prioritizing workloads.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Read, analyze, and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions, federal regulations, and deal with several abstract, concrete, and creative variables.
• Effectively present information and respond to staff, managers, clients, and customers.
• Define, resolve, and correct complex problems; collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions.
• Operate Windows based computers and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Read, write, and prepare reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, strong knowledge of GAAP, and seven years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work of a CFO.
• Demonstrated experience in governmental/nonprofit accounting or LIHTC, HUD, and real estate asset/property management.
• Experience dealing with multiple entities and funds.
• Experience effectively developing, monitoring, and supporting internal and external audit processes.
• Experience planning, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates.
• Ability to interpret and comply with established Federal, State and Local accounting regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and establish work priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Must have an acceptable credit and background history according to agency policy.
• Experience with Federal, State, and Local grants.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or a related field from an accredited college or university
• Five years of increasing responsible experience in fiscal operations and supervision, two of which must be in public agency housing program
THE PORTSMOUTH REDEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AUTHORITY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE OR WITHDRAW THIS POSITION AT ANY TIME.
Employees Who Are Not Fully Vaccinated Will Be Required To Get Weekly COVID Testing
Portsmouth Redevelopment & Housing Authority
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Portsmouth Redevelopment & Housing Authority