Entry-Level Legal Assistant
- Expired: October 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Established in 1989, Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. is a law firm that limits its practice to the collection of unpaid real estate taxes and municipal utility fees. PLA now represents more than 200 municipal clients throughout Pennsylvania, with offices in King of Prussia, Allentown, and Aliquippa.
PLA is looking for candidates that are driven by a personal need to excel and who possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of the PLA family, employees will join a motivated team that seeks to represent its municipal clients with distinction. For some positions, PLA offers a flexible work environment, with the ability to work form home and at hours that are convenient for the employee. PLA currently has employees working in remote locations throughout Pennsylvania. Other positions are hybrid positions and will require specific hours to be spent in our Allentown or King of Prussia office location (which is close to Routes 76 and 202 and accessible by public transportation). Because of the friendly work environment, many of PLA's employees have been with the firm for over 10 years and have worked their way into leadership positions.
PLA offers competitive employment packages that include benefits. Job Overview and Requirements
Are you ready for an entry-level legal assistant position with growth potential? Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment? Do you pride yourself in being detail-oriented and in producing accurate work? If so, Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd. wants to meet you.
This is the perfect opportunity for an entry-level candidate to build a legal career. Our legal assistants work as a team interacting with attorneys and account managers in the preparation of high-volume pleadings and correspondence. The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with a Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) and is considering going to law school in the future.
When applying, a professional cover letter is required with your resume.
- Monitor and review files to determine appropriate course of action.
- Prepare pleadings for attorney review and signature; conduct electronic and/or traditional filing.
- Prepare correspondence to property owners and/or third parties as assigned.
- Research property ownership and/or courthouse records as necessary.
- Answer courthouse personnel or property owner questions as assigned.
- Ability to work as part of a team while maintaining professional working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited university, with aspirations of a future law or graduate degree.
- Constant attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Dependable, with strong work ethic and personal integrity, with demonstrated skills of poise, diplomacy and tact to handle sensitive and confidential situations in a professional manner.
- In the absence of a Bachelor's Degree, 1-3 years of paralegal, secretarial, or customer service experience in collections and/or real estate law is required.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to handle competing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and the Internet.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Investment Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Portable Colonial Supplemental Insurance Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Fitness Facility
AddressKing of Prussia, PA
Get fresh Law Firm Data Entry jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.