- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
We are an organization of talented, dedicated individuals delivering high-quality software to the public sector and non-profit worlds, improving the lives of citizens and helping government and non-profit agencies achieve their missions.
You are a dedicated, proven creative leader who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and brings strategic, organized thinking to creative challenges. You have a demonstrated ability to conceive and implement digital marketing and web design campaigns, and experience providing superb service in a consulting, client-facing setting.
Our current project focus is on the public sector, providing state of the art technical and user-centered design services. When people think of the government, they usually do not think of beautiful or highly usable software. We are working to change that perception, and we are seeking a seasoned, enthusiastic Creative Director to join our team.
This position is currently remote, but will involve a regular work schedule in our Portland, ME office later in 2021.
Reporting to the company’s President, as PWW’s Creative Director you can expect to:
- Oversee the work of a small graphic design team and contribute your own creative services to our projects.
- Collaborate with and support UI and UX designers to ensure the organization’s creative recommendations are well-informed, clearly presented, and effective in meeting client needs.
- Represent the company in client meetings and presentations including for business development opportunities.
- Contribute to design strategies for client projects as well as design operations and continuous improvement of design services for the organization.
- Participate with the rest of the management team to provide strategy and leadership to the organization.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Leadership experience and a willingness to get in the weeds.
- A demonstrated understanding of design for digital experiences including responsive websites, web applications and mobile applications, and the best ways to leverage creative skills for problem solving.
- Collaborative, low-ego approach to working with multidisciplinary teams composed of UX and UI Designers, Project Managers, Software Developers and QA Engineers.
- Interest and willingness to work with external clients, including the ability to present, describe, advocate and respond flexibly to feedback.
- Experience helping customers establish brand identity as well as creating UI strategies that compliment and enhance existing brand identities.
- Portfolio artifacts covering a wide array of application types and deliverables including complete style guides, high-fidelity mock-ups and clickable prototypes.
- Expert fluency with Sketch.
- Experience working with the public sector preferred.
- Experience operating in an agile setting preferred.
Portland Webworks maintains one of the most progressive benefits programs in Maine. Our team culture, our respect for our personnel, and our generous compensation packages have earned our company recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the state in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020 (all the years we participated).
The benefits that we offer include:
- 100% Paid health and dental benefits for employees
- Health Reimbursement Account (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company matching retirement plan
- Annual profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Free parking (you will love Old Port parking)
- Friday happy hours
Learn More About Portland Webworks & GovWebworks
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
5 Times Best Places to Work Winner
Our Team | Our Clients
Powered by JazzHR
Portland WebworksPortland, ME
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.