Assistant Store Manager
Portland Museum of Art
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
- $20 Hourly
More Jobs Like This
GENERAL SUMMARY:Under the direction of the PMA Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager carries out the general operations of the Portland Museum of Arts Store by providing excellent customer service, operating the register, merchandising the store as directed, replenishing stock, and daily cleaning. This position also supports the PMA Store Manager with mentoring and training of other store staff, monitoring the store, assisting with inventory tasks, and carrying out special projects as directed by the PMA Store Manager.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a highly visible presence on the sales floor to ensure and model consistent and appropriate implementation of procedures with excellent customer service.
- Regularly works the front-end of the store, implementing a retail culture and front-end process, and assists customers and operates the cash register.
- Makes recommendations regarding operational improvements and suggests ways and methods to streamline procedures to attain greater efficiencies. Works with management to develop and document policies and procedures.
- Assists with the daily and ongoing operations of the store to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through exceptional service delivered through all PMA Store channels, including onsite spaces and online platforms.
- Ensures museum visitors have a positive onsite experience by providing answers to frequently asked questions, and promoting and assisting with museum events, programs, and resources.
- Assists the PMA Store Manager with retail business strategies and identifies promotional and training needs in support of sales success in alignment with PMA exhibitions, programs, and events.
- Resets store and signage as directed by the PMA Store Manager.
- Assists with initiatives to meet membership goals, sales targets, and program revenues affiliated with the PMAs on-site and online store platforms.
- Motivates Museum Experience and Safety (MEaS) Staff and mentors Gallery Ambassadors assigned to the PMA Store to meet sales objectives and proactively represent the PMA Store brand and products.
- Assists the Store Manager with the organization of work areas and daily staff assignments.
- Assists with customer service issues, diffuses situations, and engages in discussions with guests who make inquiries, comments, and suggestions.
- Regularly completes merchandising, restocking and general cleaning of the store.
- Updates and troubleshoots the Stores POS and online software, hardware, and devices, assists with museum databases and phone systems and oversight of office equipment including postage machine, printers, and fax machine.
- Fosters relationships and builds philanthropy with patrons at the PMA, as defined by displaying behavior that welcomes all individuals contacted during work.
- Supports programmatic initiatives related to PMAs multifaceted inclusivity and diversity action plan, designed to promote inclusiveness, prevent discrimination, and create an organization that challenges and changes practices that present barriers.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates.
- Complies and maintains familiarity with all PMA safety rules and security policies.
- Regular and consistent attendance at the workplace is required.
- Ability to multitask, organize work, and meet deadlines with careful attention to detail in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively coordinate, train, and direct staff and volunteers.
- Ability to develop procedures for operating systems and train technical and non-technical users.
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including ability to adhere to PMA brand charter and style guide, and ability to communicate effectively with constituents in person, over the phone and via email.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, volunteers, and visitors to always exercise tact and diplomacy and to represent the museum in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with coworkers and a variety of individuals contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders
Portland Museum of ArtPortland, ME
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.