- $75,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Medical , Dental , Retirement
PORTLAND KETTLE WORKS
· This position is a “Structured Management Position” that is responsible for directing Company Operations through coordinated efforts and leadership. Key focus is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process, Client requirements are exceeded, and all impacted departments are involved and leveraged to meet goals.
· Dedicated to maintaining a Culture of Continuous Improvement, Teamwork and Support of Company Efforts.
· Promote a Positive Attitude and to develop a Culture of Learning in every aspect of your work with a focus on KPI’s and SOP’s.
· Provide ongoing Quality Control and Accuracy. Take Ownership and Pride in your work.
· Follow all aspects of Safety Requirements to ensure compliance with OSHA Regulations and company policy.
· Responsible to follow all established policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Handbook.
General Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
· Direct the activities of Operations. Goal is High Level Production, Inventory, Logistics, Purchasing and Client Service. KEY is “New Trunk Spreadsheet” Guidelines and SOP’s.
· Support and Direct the Operations & Production Team by organizing workflow with specific tasks to meet specifications, deadlines and produce a quality product.
· Provide leadership and support in the development of employees, communication of expectations and motivation & recognition.
· Monitor production to resolve issues, improve efficiencies, productivity, staffing and identify areas of improvement.
· Coordinate/Support the efforts of the Purchasing function in determining inventory levels, pricing, vendor relations, use of QuickBooks and Inventory Control.
· Follow through on the scheduling of freight/logistics to meet company needs.
· Participates and monitors the “Come to Jesus Meetings” to ensure that all critical/impacted departments (Production, Purchasing, Sales and Drafting/Engineering) have specific and comprehensive information for a successful project. (NEW TRUNK SPREADSHEET)
· Utilize, manage, and develop SOP’s and KPI’s for assigned functions with HR. Promote an environment of growth, development, and relevant evaluation of performance.
· Additional Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities as assigned.
“The Company Reserves the Right to Add or Change Duties at Any Time.”
Preferred Job Qualifications & Skills:
- Education: Relevant Combination of Experience and Education.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of related experience in Operations, Production, Manufacturing, Welding, Logistics & Purchasing.
- Ability to provide leadership and management structure success by monitoring performance and providing constructive feedback.
- Good organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Management Skills including Delegation, Follow Through, Training & Development and Strategic Planning.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Google, QuickBooks and Data Base Management.
Job Specifications & Physical Demands:
1. Position performs in a office and manufacturing work area that includes walking, use of arms & hands, time spent in an office with computer operations.
2. Position will perform “Hands On” in a manufacturing work area that includes walking, lifting, use of arms & hands, twisting and turning and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. Majority of time spent standing, bending or stooping. Minimum time in an office with computer operations.
3. Exposure to various conditions that will require the use of a respirator, safety goggles, steel toed shoes and gloves.
Employee will perform required forklift training and use of overhead cranes.
We are a World Leader in stainless-steel tank equipment manufacturing with fabrication facilities in Portland, Oregon and Queretaro, Mexico. We take pride in innovation, quality and on time production.
Our highly detailed STAINLESS-STEEL (Food Grade 304SS) fabrication shop manufactures both custom and standard design equipment for demanding clients on strict timelines.
Innovative Manufacturing Company with Focus on Taking Ownership, High Standards, Personal Growth and Producing Quality Products.
Portland Kettle Works: ARCHITECTS OF LIQUID INNOVATION We are a World Leader in stainless-steel tank equipment manufacturing with fabrication facilities in Portland, Oregon and Queretaro, Mexico. We take pride in innovation, quality and on time production. Our highly detailed STAINLESS-STEEL (Food Grade 304SS) fabrication shop manufactures both custom and standard design equipment for demanding clients on strict timelines.
Portland Kettle Works LLCPortland, OR
Get fresh Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.