Portland Holiday Inn
- Expired: January 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
When you're an Atrium Associate, you're a part of a crucial workforce providing the ultimate 'Home Away From Home' for our guests. We know that it takes a lot of time and effort to provide these exceptional experiences, so we reward your efforts with a competitive compensation plan and other benefits and perks that allow you to offer your best to our guests. These benefits include:
- Daily Pay
- Significant Travel Discounts on Marriott and/or Hilton properties
- 401k Plans
- Medical Insurance
- Other property specific benefits
Portland Holiday Inn
Bonus Eligible: No
Direct Reports: No
Reports To: Director, Sales & Events
Equipment: Laptop or Desktop Computer
The primary purpose of the Sales Coordinator is to provide a wide range of hotel administrative support that would enable the property sales and event managers to focus on revenue generating activities.
The Sales Coordinator is tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- In support of the property sales team the role will greet visitors, answer phone calls (to include customer and brand call center reservations as well as general hotel inquiries, intake and process incoming lead information, handle reservation requests, research group billing inquiries, gather data as needed, compile reports, maintain files and prepare correspondence;
- Interact with group, catering, and business travel customers in person, via email, and over the phone to qualify and assist existing and future customers;
- Maintain communication with group customers regarding the status of their group room block. This may include entering rooming lists, monitoring pick up status, reporting status of current pickup, providing cutoff date alerts and making individual rooming list reservation changes;
- Assist property managers with sales duties as needed including but not limited to initial billing inquiries, commission payments, no-show status, sales system research, brand reward point administration, and scheduling appointments.
- Assist managers with RFP responses, proposals, contracts, BEOs, and meeting arrangements as needed;
- Send all local Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) request for proposals (RFPs) received by the hotel to the Hotel's assigned Lead Analyst for distribution per our internal protocols;
- Assist Sales & Events Service Manager (SESM) with reservation requests and building group master accounts in the brand system, as needed;
- Upload and maintain the group files within the sales system for all group bookings at the property level. This includes ensuring signed agreements are uploaded when all bookings are turned to definite bookings;
- Maintain inventory and create printed and electronic collateral to include coupons, flyers, and branded sales and marketing pieces;
- Participate in Sales Department meetings.
- Provide additional administrative assistance as directed.
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Required Prior Experience:
Minimum one (1) year of experience in customer service or clerical experience.
Preferred Prior Experience:
Prior hotel sales office experience, particularly working in a fast-paced environment.
High School diploma or equivalent
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Experience with Sales System (Delphi.fdc or CI/TY) and the brand's PMS (OnQ, Opera, etc.)
Less than 5% travel requirement.
Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation and the ability to run off-property errands with minimal notice.
Up to 8+ hours sitting at a desk and computer work.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively multi-task.
(38) ORGANIZATIONAL AGILITY
Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
(15) CUSTOMER FOCUS
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos
Portland Holiday Inn
Get fresh International Sales Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.