Mid Software Developer - NY based - Contract role
- Posted: over a month ago
Portfolio BI (PBI) empowers the most sophisticated buy-side rms to take control of their portfolio and operational data. Born from the merger with Hentsu, and backed by Credit Suisse Asset Management's NEXT Investors, our customers benefit from our integrated platforms, local technological expertise, and seasoned financial experts. We are an asset management technologist, and we provide a fully managed cloud platform for hedge funds, with on-demand trading, research, and corporate technology, as well as connectivity to market data providers, brokers, and exchanges. Our vision is to drive agile transformation across financial services through public cloud technologies, SaaS and data science.
PBI is seeking to hire a skilled mid software developer to help with the development of our current projects. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures and working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life cycle. A bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree is required.
- Develop and enhance distributed and scalable applications, improve their performance, or upgrade interfaces
- Contribute to the applications Design and Architecture effort
- Work with technical project managers and application directors to ensure that client expectations are met and that project schedules are adhered to
- Interact with end-users to understand requirement specifications, perform analysis, documentation, design, and code test solutions, and write user manuals
- Document, develop, maintain, and upgrade existing applications. modifying the Applications as required, based on the desired Architecture Contribute to implementation efforts (UAT, environment setup, end-user support)
- Use tools to report activities and update project status as required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience developing professional applications using React, MVC and MS SQL Server
- Good to have Docker, TeamCity, WPF, C#, cloud
- Experienced in Git or similar version control systems including source control management, build processes, unit testing and deployment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance and manage context switching
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written communication, oral communication and listening skills
What we commit to:
- We are committed to developing our team as we grow by offering a variety of opportunities to increase knowledge, build skills, and take charge of your career
- We believe in lifelong learning - we offer on the job and soft skills training, and extensive opportunities for personal and professional development
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Portfolio BI