Low Boy Truck Driver
Porter W. Yett Co. Spokane Valley, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOW BOY TRUCK DRIVER
Full-time hourly: Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, PTO, HRA, 401k
Porter W. Yett Company is a family-owned, 4th generation Portland-based company with locations in Spokane and Boise. The Low Boy Truck Driver position is responsible to safely load and secure equipment to be moved from one location to another. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operates a semi-truck according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
- Transports loads safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations.
- Must have familiarity with the safe operation of road construction equipment.
- Maneuver’s truck and trailer into loading and unloading areas; follows loading crew signals.
- Maintains signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; delivers documentation to construction office or supervisor when delivery route is complete.
- Facilitates routine service on trucks, and reports maintenance malfunctions to Shop Manager.
- Experience with airbrakes and standard transmission.
- Maintain completed pre and post trip DVIR.
- Ability to calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer combo to stay within DOT permitting restrictions and guidelines.
- Knowledge of FMCSA cargo securement rules and regulations.
- Able to safely drive a water tanker, flat bed and/or other commercial vehicles as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Opportunity to cross-train as Heavy Equipment Operator.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to speak professionally and courteously with customers and staff at delivery points.
- Knowledge of all USDOT & FMCSA safety regulations.
- Valid Class “A” CDL license and driving record with MVR policy guidelines.
- Required to carry a current medical examiners certificate (FMCSR part 391.41).
- Proficiency in English.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and or state department(s) of transportation regulations.
- 2 Years of industry related experience in hauling heavy equipment is required for this position.
- Full benefits after 30-days.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Lowboy Truck Driver to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
· Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally.
· Manual dexterity to secure cargo utilizing chains and load binding devices on equipment
· Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
· Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Overtime work is frequently required, especially during peak construction season from April-October. Work on holidays and weekends is very infrequent.
Please deliver/mail resumes to:
Porter W. Yett Co.
Attn: Human Resources
5949 NE Cully Blvd.
Portland, OR 97218
Employment applications are available on our website: www.porteryett.com
Porter W. Yett Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Porter W. Yett Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Porter W. Yett Co.
425 N Park Rd.Spokane Valley, WA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Porter W. Yett Co.