Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Operator
Porter W. Yett Co. Spokane Valley, WA
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-time hourly; Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, PTO, HRA, 401k
Porter W. Yett Company is a family-owned, 4th generation Portland-based company with locations in Spokane and Boise. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Operator operates a variety of equipment used in the road construction maintenance and repair of roads, highways, packing lots and other large site jobs and performs a variety of tasks to repair and maintain equipment in addition to other duties.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Will safely and efficiently learn to operate specialized road construction equipment of various sizes and weights used in road construction and soil stabilization.
- Perform site activities required of construction practices.
- Observes and monitors that tanks, hoppers, or machines are appropriately filled.
- Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustments or assisting with repairs, as necessary.
- Assists with loading of or loads and unloads goods and materials, using specialized equipment when warranted.
- Facilitates routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and reports maintenance malfunctions to Shop Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
· Strong mechanical skills preferred. Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions, planetary gears, and undercarriage components in machines or systems.
- Install repaired parts into equipment or install new equipment.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Ability to remain focused in busy environment.
- Medical Card Required. Preferred Class A Commercial Driver License preferred.
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Candidate must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- 2 Years industry related skill, knowledge, or experience as Heavy Equipment Mechanic and mechanic skillset is required.
- 2 Years required experience as Heavy Equipment Operator.
- Full benefits after 30-days.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm. Overtime work is frequently required, especially during peak construction season from April – October Work on holidays is infrequent. Some weekend work and travel required during peak season.
Please deliver/mail resumes to:
Porter W. Yett Co.
Attn: Human Resources
5949 NE Cully Blvd.
Portland, OR 97218
Employment applications are available on our website: www.porteryett.com
Porter W. Yett Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Porter W. Yett Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Porter W. Yett Co.
Road Construction and Asphalt and Recycled Materials Production
125 N. Park RoadSpokane Valley, WA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Porter W. Yett Co.