The HR Specialist maintains and assists the organization’s human resources functions and recruiting new employees for Porter-Starke Services, Inc., a Community Mental Health Center based in Valparaiso, Indiana. This position will also assist in personnel administration, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and other human resources functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve organizations attractiveness by recommending to the Executive Team new policies and procedures, monitor job offers, compensation practices and emphasize employee benefits and perks.
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization
- Assists in investigation and resolution of employee grievances and coordinates processes of responding to complaints.
- Work with the management team to develop and implement a recruiting program which includes online postings, job fairs, college programs and other recruiting opportunities as they arise.
- To contribute in an on-going manner to the continued development of a short and long-term strategic recruiting plan.
- Utilize various recruitment tools, networks and methods to recruit and attract a pool of qualified applicants.
- Act as main contact for Recruiting firms used for recruiting Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Coordinate onsite interviews for Physician and Nurse Practitioner candidates.
- Use online recruiting tools to attract job candidates including social media and professional organizations.
- Screening candidates and scheduling interviews as needed.
- Conduct employment process, which includes updating job descriptions, advertising, job postings, background checks, reference verification and responding to questions.
- Assists and coordinates employee training and development programs, which includes new employee orientation and other training.
- Ensure candidates meet the hiring requirements for vacancies by verifying education, licensing and qualifications.
- Maintain continuing education and networking at human resources to enhance learning.
- Attends meetings, conference, career events, and travels to seminars as needed.
- Assists in all other HR-related tasks and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two to three years of Human Resources experience in medical field preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills and proficient in MS Office suite and other computer skills
PHR or SPHR Certification is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.