Adult Case Manager
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. Valparaiso, IN
- Posted: December 30, 2020
Porter-Starke Services is a non-profit community health center providing mental health and addiction services to children, adults, and families in Porter and Starke counties in Northwest Indiana. Porter-Starke Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life within our communities. Our mission embraces the external communities where we live, as well as the internal community where we work.
The Adult Case Manager p rovides case management services and curriculum-based group sessions that assist seriously and persistently mentally ill adults by locating, coordinating, and monitoring necessary care and services. Services vary with individual needs, and may include in-home services, support in skills training, activities of daily living and medication management, crisis intervention; coordination of entrance into or discharge planning from other psychiatric facilities and emergency services. Position will work from the Valparaiso office location.
VITAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Major Job Functions]
- Provides case management services.
- Provides education in skills training.
- Assists clients in personal financial administration.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions and crisis interventions.
- Provides documentation of interventions per department standards.
- Assists clients in meeting their treatment goals.
- Provides appropriate discharge planning and transition to aftercare services.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Plans, organizes and provides a variety of group therapy experiences congruent with treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Initiates, monitors and updates client treatment plans per department standards and in cooperation with treatment team.
- Customer Service : Provides high-quality customer service by meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands our customer’s needs and uses this information to prioritize what the organization must do to fulfill them.
- Quality of Work : Consistently demonstrates competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Quantity of Work : Meets or exceeds established work deadlines; uses time and resources appropriately; meets production goals and objectives.
- Compliance: Adheres to department and organizational policies and procedures; keeps current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; timely, accurately and thoroughly completes required documentation.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [General Job Functions]
- Connects clients to available community resources and acts as an advocate for clients.
- Coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Create group materials, as needed
- Attends staffings, clinical supervision, in-services and staff meetings.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the abilities, skills and knowledge to effectively perform the job responsibilities, duties and procedure; receptive to learning new skills; participates in on-going training and professional development.
- Risk Management: Consistently observes prescribed safety rules and practices; corrects or reports all hazards that may cause an accident; follows established work procedures for assigned tasks.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance requirements; practices proper call-off procedures and informs others of absences.
- Teamwork: Establishes positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, clients and the public; willingly accepts assignments; cooperates with others towards common objectives; volunteers for organizational and community activities and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Therapeutic interventions for adults diagnosed with serious mental illness.
- Signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Locating, coordinating and accessing appropriate services and entitlements for client.
- Criteria for enrollment and appropriate regulations to assist clients in maintaining compliance with program guidelines.
- Activities of daily living.
- Formulation of treatment plans, ability to monitor progress, and ability to modify plans to meet client needs.
- Behavior disorders, parenting skills, treatment interventions and crisis intervention.
Must demonstrate skills in the following:
- Assessing the needs of seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Documenting interventions.
- Building and maintaining therapeutic rapport with assigned clients.
- Providing education in activities of daily living for clients.
- Assisting clients in accessing entitlements, such as Medicaid, Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), food stamps, and other resources.
- Assisting clients with medication compliance through self-administering psychotropic medications, or assisted administration.
- Advocating for client's needs.
- Group facilitation.
- Typing and basic computer usage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services discipline is required.
- Previous related experience working in mental health or related discipline preferred.
- Successful completion of OBHP (Other Behavioral Health Professional) educational requirements is required within 3 weeks of hire date.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate physical effort.
- Requires person to stand and/or walk most of the day.
- Lifts, carries or uses lightweight (>25lbs) materials or equipment often.
- Occasional physical effort with heavy weight objects (over 60 lbs.).
MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMAND, STRAINS & FATIGUE
The mental and visual strain and demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs work which regularly produces a high level of mental and/or visual fatigue (>50% but <75% of work day).
The working conditions described here describe the frequency and quantity of undesirable working conditions, such as noise, dampness, heat, cold, changing temperatures, odors, fumes, etc. and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to unpleasant conditions part of the day.
- Exposed to undesirable conditions intermittently.
- Attend weekly team meeting and case review
- Link clients to community resources
- Providing a wide range of advocacy and case management services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness
- Providing a wide range ofadvocacy and case management services to adults with severe and persistentmental illness
- Perform case management services as needed to assist customers to meet goals as stated in service/treatment plans
- Assist case managers in implementing care to older adults and families
- Maintain case records documenting contacts, services needed, reports, client's progress
- Work as an integral part of a professional team
- Insure appropriate case management for assigned case load
- Work with other professionals who are involved with the family
- Provide case management, housing services, individual support and group counseling for young adults, ages
- Get services, amend services, or re-instate services
- Provide a diverse array of services including clinical, medication management, case management, vocational, recreational, transitional living and housing services
- Maintain a network of supportive community referrals for clients
- Enlist cooperation of community and business leaders to increase awareness of available workforce services in the community
- Complete intake and orientation of services and discuss safety planning with clients
- Provide assessment and case management services which includes, but not limited to housing, employment, legal and medical referrals
- Proving case management, service planning, and coordination of services with other agency providers to meet the clients
- Provide case management services which includes, but not limited to housing, employment, legal and medical referrals
- Provide case management and crisis intervention to women experi...
Porter-Starke Services, Inc.
AddressValparaiso, IN46383 USAView all jobs at Porter-Starke Services, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?