The Adult Case Manager provides case management services and curriculum-based group sessions that assist seriously and persistently mentally ill adults by locating, coordinating, and monitoring necessary care and services for Porter-Starke Services, Inc., a Community Mental Health Center. Services vary with individual needs, and may include in-home services, support in skills training, activities of daily living and medication management, crisis intervention; coordination of entrance into or discharge planning from other psychiatric facilities and emergency services.
VITAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [Major Job Functions]
- Provides case management services.
- Provides education in skills training.
- Assists clients in personal financial administration.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions and crisis interventions.
- Plans and organizes skills group for those clients whose treatment plan calls for same.
- Provides documentation of interventions per department standards.
- Initiates, monitors and updates clients' treatment plans per department standards, and in cooperation with the treatment team.
- Assists clients in meeting their treatment goals.
- Provides appropriate discharge planning and transition to aftercare services.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Plans, organizes and provides a variety of group therapy experiences congruent with treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Initiates, monitors and updates client treatment plans per department standards and in cooperation with treatment team.
- Customer Service: Provides high-quality customer service by meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands our customer’s needs and uses this information to prioritize what the organization must do to fulfill them.
- Quality of Work: Consistently demonstrates competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Quantity of Work: Meets or exceeds established work deadlines; uses time and resources appropriately; meets production goals and objectives.
- Compliance: Adheres to department and organizational policies and procedures; keeps current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; timely, accurately and thoroughly completes required documentation.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES [General Job Functions]
- Connects clients to available community resources and acts as an advocate for clients.
- Coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Create group materials, as needed
- Attends staffings, clinical supervision, in-services and staff meetings.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the abilities, skills and knowledge to effectively perform the job responsibilities, duties and procedure; receptive to learning new skills; participates in on-going training and professional development.
- Risk Management: Consistently observes prescribed safety rules and practices; corrects or reports all hazards that may cause an accident; follows established work procedures for assigned tasks.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance requirements; practices proper call-off procedures and informs others of absences.
- Teamwork: Establishes positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, clients and the public; willingly accepts assignments; cooperates with others towards common objectives; volunteers for organizational and community activities and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Therapeutic interventions for seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Locating, coordinating and accessing appropriate services and entitlements for client.
- Criteria for enrollment and appropriate regulations to assist clients in maintaining compliance with program guidelines.
- Activities of daily living.
- Formulation of treatment plans, ability to monitor progress, and ability to modify plans to meet client needs.
- Behavior disorders, parenting skills, treatment interventions and crisis intervention.
Must demonstrate skills in the following:
- Assessing the needs of seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Documenting interventions.
- Building and maintaining therapeutic rapport with assigned clients.
- Providing education in activities of daily living for clients.
- Assisting clients in accessing entitlements, such as Medicaid, Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), food stamps, and other resources.
- Assisting clients with medication compliance through self-administering psychotropic medications, or assisted administration.
- Advocating for client's needs.
- Group facilitation.
- Typing and basic computer usage.
- Successful completion of OBHP (Other Behavioral Health Professional) educational requirements is required within 2 weeks of hire date.
Why Work Here?A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit community health center with offices in Valparaiso, Portage and Knox, and new Recovery Center in LaPorte. Porter-Starke Services is a licensed community mental health center through the Indiana Division of Mental Health & Addictions and the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration. We are accredited by the Council on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. We offer a full continuum of care for adults, families, adolescents, and children with mental health or substance abuse issues. We treat all clients on individual plans of care, tailored to specific needs.
Come work for a community mental health center with comprehensive benefits, good culture, and support.