Food and Beverage Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $23 to $25 Hourly
Portage Country Club seeks a dynamic leader with a keen eye for detail for our Food & Beverage Manager role. The Assistant Clubhouse Manager coordinates and oversees all Food & Beverage Services-related club and banquet functions and improves club morale by providing an individualized experience to each member and consistent leadership to our team members. Portage Country Club offers year-round Food and Beverage services in multiple dining settings and hosts banquets and private events, golf tournaments, swim team events, and tennis programming.
Essential Job Duties:
As the Food Beverage Manager at Portage Country Club, you will:
- Create and nurture positive member relationships, displaying a pleasant, outgoing, and caring personality and a professional style of dress and personal grooming.
- Hire, train, and supervise dining room team members. Offer guidance and mentorship through frequent team and individual meetings.
- Lead by example to motivate and empower team members to take on individual responsibility through pre-function meetings, hands-on training, delegation, support, and follow-through.
- Work closely with the Banquet Director, Executive Chef, and House Staff to coordinate all room and food and beverage set-up, staffing, and billing requirements.
- Develop detailed plans for set-up and service execution for each event and direct staff through pre-function meetings to assure that the standards of service, excellence, and total member satisfaction are achieved.
- Develop and modify Wine List and Mixed Drink offerings.
- Maintain Daily F&B Report to include sales covers, team member calls off and tardiness, service and food and beverage quality, and suggestions to improve shortcomings.
- Keep an inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, salt and pepper shakers, sugar bowls, etc., and recommend replacement as needed.
- Work closely with the laundry and housekeeping department to assure that linens and facilities are in pristine condition.
- Report any broken or non-functioning equipment to Repairs & Maintenance personnel.
- Greet and seat members and guests entering the dining rooms, make sure they have a menu and are assigned a server, and note the individual preferences of the member.
- Remain cognizant of the pace of service for each table/party to ensure each member’s dining experience is seamless, efficient, and enjoyable.
- Check in with members and guests to inquire about their dining experience, address any complaints regarding food or services, and approve all exchanges or returns of food.
- Invite departing members and their guests to return.
- Make sure that all pricing and charges are recorded accurately to the correct member’s account.
- Ensure that the high standards of PCC regarding uniform appearance, hospitality, cleanliness, and service in all dining areas are achieved by all personnel, individually and collectively.
- Ensure that proper set up, side work, closing, cleaning of all dining, service, and kitchen service areas are completed to standards/expectations and in compliance with checklists.
- Must be able to stand and continuously move for the duration of a regular shift.
- Must be able to maneuver, bend, twist, pivot, and navigate stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. or more.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements:
- At least one year experience working in a hospitality or private club setting preferred.
- At least one year in a leadership role preferred.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create an environment that cultivates teamwork and camaraderie among team members.
- Experience with using computers and familiarity with point-of-sale systems.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of Food & Beverage Services.
- Candidate is highly encouraged and provided opportunities to develop professionally through CMAA or similar organizations.
Date Position Available:
Portage Country Club
FoodView all jobs at Portage Country Club