Water Quality Specialist I - Rounds Person
General Position Summary:
- Visually check all potable and non-potable buildings, manifold sand pumping stations twice a day. Make sure all facilities are clean and outside of building weed free. Report any issues ASAP to Water Quality Supervisor.
- Wednesday through Sunday 7am to 3:30pm
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Visually check all potable and non-potable building, manifold and pumping station twice a day.
- Keep all Port pump and manifold buildings clean and perform weed control outside of buildings.
- Maintains records, logs and reports.
- Provides solutions on improving and maintaining water quality.
- Perform water system quality assurance and operation functions.
- Construct, maintain, repair and inspect water production wells and facilities, water mains and lines.
- Assist in installation and repair of water system connections and meters.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on pumps, motors, engines and compressors.
- Inspect wastewater lift stations and water transfer pumps.
- Operates a variety of hand, electric and air-driven tools.
- Tests, troubleshoots, services and repairs mechanical equipment.
- Inspects, adjusts and replaces necessary units and related parts in the performance of repair and maintenance work.
- Provides emergency field assistance to disabled equipment as needed an appropriate.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Specific Job Skills:
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Basic knowledge of gas and diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulics, pumps and valves, generators and welding.
- Good knowledge of traffic and safety rules and accident prevention practices.
- Knowledge of public works and maintenance tools, equipment, materials and methods.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Basic chemistry, biology and math skills required.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to work outside in different climates including cold, wet, hot and windy conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods including bending, stooping and reaching.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Pesticide Applicator license would be a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Port of MorrowBoardman, OR
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.