Equipment & Maintenance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In charge of Company’s equipment and maintenance operations in all locations. Schedules and prioritizes equipment repairs and maintenance, manages on-hiring and off-hiring of rental equipment in all locations. Assigns equipment to crews and projects in Wilmington. Oversees multiple mechanics, establishes productivity goals and tracks progress of all work in the Wilmington shop.
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization.
- Actively manages maintenance and repair of all equipment in all locations.
- Ensures the Wilmington Shop is properly maintained, safe, functional and clean.
- Assigns equipment daily for operations in Wilmington.
- Manages rental equipment needs at all locations and ensures that rentals are properly on/off hired, and that proper inspections are completed.
- Manage rental costs and mobilization against jobs to provide lowest cost option.
- Establishes and monitors preventive maintenance schedules on all owned and leased equipment, facilitates timely preventive maintenance on rented equipment.
- Establishes services schedules on equipment for warranty compliance.
- Supports on the job projects including identifying all sources of equipment, equipment maintenance, fueling, repair and spare parts.
- Establishes productivity expectations and tracks the production and activity of the mechanic workforce.
- Ensures that an annual audit is conducted, and that all equipment is completely inspected at least once per year and is calibrated, certified and maintained according to manufacturer’s recommendations or government standard.
- Manages inspection processes on all equipment—daily operator inspection, pre/post rental, manufacturer and government required inspections.
- Ensures ready status of idle equipment.
- Participates in the equipment CAPEX evaluation process to determine overall fleet needs, replacement timelines and costs.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive equipment files.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other departments.
- Leads assigned administrative and maintenance staff to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
- Effectively trains, coaches, disciplines and develops employees to achieve and maintain positive working relationships within the department.
- Achieves desired results through effective leadership and appropriate influence while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Reviews employee training to ensure a skilled departmental workforce.
- Develop and manage cost controls on Company’s fleet to ensure most efficient use of owned/leased and rented equipment.
- Monitor equipment repair records and recommend when equipment should be replaced.
- Manage Cat VisionLink and other equipment alert software and take appropriate action to ensure operators are not causing damage to the equipment.
- Generates appropriate third-party billing as necessary for maintenance work.
- Reviews and verifies mechanic’s time sheets daily.
- Obtains and authorizes OT, shift work or off-hour work assigned to mechanics.
- Strives for innovation within the department.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures and maintains a good attendance record.
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish work of the organization, even if it is outside the scope of regular duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of a high school diploma. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years managing heavy equipment, maintenance facilities.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of equipment and maintenance standards.
Technical and Mental Skills
- Reads, analyzes and interprets complex documents, including electric schematics, engineering drawings, etc.
- Responds effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions.
- Recognizes and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Organizes and manages time, duties and activities effectively and independently.
- Ability to enter data and quickly understand various computer programs and software.
- Ability to analyze data for evaluation of equipment and personnel efficiencies.
Routine travel to assess fleet needs, completion of maintenance goals required.
Port Contractors Inc
AddressNew Castle, DE
Get fresh Equipment Maintenance Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.