- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for overall operations and daily management of the facility by planning, developing, directing, monitoring and supporting all operational, administrative, clinical, human resources, customer service and fiscal activities for the facility programs and services.
Education and Certification:
BS degree in Nursing Home Administration or Long-Term Care Administration or meets the minimum state education requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
Must possess the ability to read, write and speak the English language, must be patient, friendly, courteous and respectful to residents in any situation, including difficult ones; must be able to make independent decisions when necessary; must have the ability to follow company guidelines; must be able to move frequently throughout the workday; must be computer literate; must be knowledgeable of operational practices and laws and regulations; must be willing and able to work within and promote a team environment; must have the ability to provide overall supervision to all levels of staff; must be able to interpret and follow goals, objectives and guidelines of the organization; must be able to lift 20 pounds floor to waste; lift 10 pounds waist to shoulder; lift and carry 20 pounds and push and pull 20 pounds.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Nursing Home Administrator; current Nursing Home Administrator license in good standing within applicable state.
Primarily works in an office setting and throughout the facility; bends, lifts, sits, stands and moves frequently throughout the shift; deals with frequent interruptions an possibly upset residents and family members; works regularly scheduled shifts with possible weekends, holidays, and other hours based on resident needs; primary responsibility is service to the residents but also deals with visitors, governmental personnel, etc.; participants in required continuing education programs; subject to odors, falls, burns and exposure to infectious diseases, waste, etc., including AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures quality residents care is provided to meet and exceed company expectations and in accordance with state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection and orientation of qualified team members for the facility, including department managers.
- Provides expectations and monitors performance of department manager team.
- Provides overall supervision and guidance to department managers to ensure compliance in all areas and tracks progress and performance of each area.
- Administers in counseling and corrective action procedures, as needed.
- Responsible for the compliance of legal, regulatory, accreditation and reimbursement laws, regulations and expectations.
- Prepares annual facility budgets and monitors financial performance monthly by department.
- Promotes a clean, safe and comfortable environment for all residents, visitors and staff in accordance with facility guidelines.
- Ensures required records, charts and files are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversees the completion of forms and documents to ensure compliance with company guidelines and other laws and regulations.
- Oversees all aspects of state and federal survey processes.
- Handles and resolves residents, family and employee grievances in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of incidents related to resident rights or abuse to the appropriate state agency; reports and findings of internal investigations.
- Serves as HIPAA and privacy officer.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with vendors and contractors; handles concerns or grievances filed by vendors and contractors as well as accounts payable matters.
- Monitors workers’ compensation claims and safety practices within the facility.
- Discusses financial information with residents and families in a professional manner.
- Provides support to management team for human resource matters.
- Provides support and guidance to the Director of Nursing and maintains a positive working relationship with the nursing department.
- Actively participates in investigations related to resident or employee matters.
Other Job duties
- Works closely with auditors, fiscal intermediaries, agencies, etc., as needed.
- Creates and maintains accurate and timely financial reports.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with local community resources, including the Chamber of Commerce, civic organizations, etc.
- Attends required training and educational programs to maintain license or certifications.
- Promotes a culture of open communication and positive working relationships within the facility.
- Holds employee focus group meetings to identify employee relation issues or concerns and addresses promptly.
- Measures employee, resident and family satisfaction in accordance with facility guidelines.
- Assists with the monthly employee meeting and provides rewards and recognition for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Port Charlotte Rehab Center
AddressPunta Gorda, FL
Get fresh Facilities Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.