- Expired: July 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Tax Manager
Location: United States
Workplace Type: Remote
The future is bright for the Porch Group, and we'd love for you to be a part of it as our Tax Manager.
What You Will Do As A Tax Manager
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms and other business-related filings.
- Act as a main contact for communication with the Company's internal and external auditors.
- Prepare tax return workpapers and work with outside consultants to get federal and state tax returns filed.
- Support SOX processes and maintain SOX compliance by maintaining effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Perform income tax research and analysis as needed and communicate and implement findings to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Review tax returns and quarterly / yearly tax projections.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Prepare quarterly general ledger account reconciliations for all income tax accounts
- Find an implement opportunity for process improvement in company tax procedure.
- Collaborate with other business groups to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure proper income tax obligations are addressed.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules etc.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Complete special projects as needed.
What You Will Bring As A Tax Manager
- We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 5 years' experience, preferred in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master's degree in an accounting discipline. The Tax Manager must be proficient with the following software/tools:
- Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel
- Familiarity with NetSuite or other similar ERP / Accounting Platform
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, and reconcile tax data.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations.
- Experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and priorities tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to explain tax concepts to individuals who do not possess knowledge of tax compliance matters.
- Confidence to question existing processes to improve and streamline workstreams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, team player with ability to work well with cross functional teams, and positive attitude.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and strong attention to detail with precision.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet various deadlines.
What You Will Get As A Porch Group Member
Pay Range*: $125,000 annually to $144,900 annually
*Please know your actual pay at Porch will reflect a number of factors among which are your work experience and skillsets, job-related knowledge, alignment with market and our Porch employees, as well as your geographic location.
Additionally, you will be eligible to receive long-term incentive awards, subject to program guidelines and approvals.
You will also be eligible to receive an annual bonus based on individual and company performance, subject to program guidelines and approvals.
Our benefits package will provide you with comprehensive coverage for your health, financial wellness, and wellbeing.
- Our health care benefits include medical, dental and vision programs with healthcare savings account (HSA) and healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) options.
- Our life and disability benefits include company-provided and voluntary life and AD&D insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Our financial wellness programs include a 401(k)-retirement savings plan and dependent care flexible spending account (DC FSA) and transportation savings account options.
- Our wellness programs include flexible paid vacation, company-paid holidays of typically nine per year, paid sick time, paid parental leave, an employee assistance program (EAP), identity theft program, travel assistance, will preparation, and fitness and other discounts programs.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Porch
Get fresh Remote Tax Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.