Director, Software Engineering
- $161,300 to $225,700 Yearly
Job Title: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Seattle, WA
Workplace Type: Hybrid
The future is bright for the Porch Group, and we'd love for you to be a part of it as our Director, Software Engineering.
What You Will Do As A Director, Software Engineering
- Partner with Product Development, lead, mentor, and inspire multiple cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software experiences for our customers
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale our platform and to solve tough engineering challenges up and down the stack
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships between your teams and cross-functional peers in Product, Analytics, Data Warehouse, InfoSec, Operations, and IT
- Attract and retain top engineering talent across the spectrum of Web, mobile, Data Science and Machine Learning domains
- Define processes and select vendors and tooling to build sustainable SDLC and regulatory compliance controls (PCI, SOX, privacy, accessibility)
- Mature our multi-site engineering strategy (currently US and Costa Rica)
What You Will Bring As A Director, Software Engineering
- Bachelor's degree or above in an engineering field, or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years experience leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record of delivering on technically demanding projects
- 5+ years experience managing managers and organizations of 25+ people
- Experience running a line of business as the engineering leader (i.e. creating engineering budget projections, run rates, headcount and infrastructure resource requests, driving hiring strategy, etc.)
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Experience building and managing highly complex systems in the cloud, working with microservices, distributed systems and data architectures
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive action
- Experience building, managing, and scaling talented engineering teams in hybrid-remote and nearshore/offshore
What You Will Get As A Porch Group Team Member
Pay Range $161,300 - $225,700 annually
*Please know your actual pay at Porch will reflect a number of factors among which are your work experience and skillsets, job-related knowledge, alignment with market and our Porch employees, as well as your geographic location.
Additionally, you will be eligible to receive long-term incentive awards, subject to program guidelines and approvals.
You will also be eligible to receive an annual bonus based on individual and company performance, subject to program guidelines and approvals.
Our benefits package will provide you with comprehensive coverage for your health, financial wellness and wellbeing.
- Our health care benefits include medical, dental and vision programs with healthcare savings account (HSA) and healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) options.
- Our life and disability benefits include company-provided and voluntary life and AD&D insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Our financial wellness programs include a 401(k) retirement savings plan and dependent care flexible spending account (DC FSA) and transportation savings account options.
- Our wellness programs include flexible paid vacation, company-paid holidays of typically nine per year, paid sick time, paid parental leave, an employee assistance program (EAP), identity theft program, travel assistance, will preparation, and fitness and other discounts programs.
TechnologyView All Porch Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.