Director, Information Technology
Porch Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you passionate about solving problems? A maven of all things IT? Do you love building high performing and collaborative teams? Do you thrive on making a cross functional impact? Porch is looking for a seasoned, customer-centric Director, Information Technology to lead our corporate help desk, infrastructure, dev ops, and security disciplines. We're in the business of making the home simple - from moving to improving and everything in between. We're making homeownership simple and disrupting the 500B home services industry, and we want you to be a part of it!
As a leader at Porch, you're an owner. You'll be responsible for the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems to support the company's operations, including IT platforms, systems, security, and support. You'll be tasked with maturing our IT organization to support being a newly public company and ensuring all compliance is met. You will be the leader of a team driving a large impact, enabling our internal teams to develop and support our customers to deliver on our mission of making the home simple.
- Lead multiple high performing IT teams that exceed expectations for quality of service and associated business outcomes.
- Establish the vision and mission for Porch's IT strategy including a multi-year roadmap in collaboration with the leadership team
- Develop and maintain disciplined strategies and processes to secure and protect Porch's technology assets; constantly assess and validate these protections against broader industry trends.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the IT infrastructure on an ongoing basis as relevant technologies develop and business requirements change, ensuring infrastructure designs meet performance and uptime requirements.
- Integrate effective Internal Controls into all applicable work processes and maintain a working knowledge of Internal Controls.
- Provide the highest quality of IT customer service to staff, ensuring that all systems needed to serve the team are operating at peak efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Manage monitoring, maintenance, and upgrades of IT systems
- Oversee written documentation of procedures, processes and plans dealing with related operations, network management and end user support matters
- Oversee and manage IT budget for capital and operating expense including owning and executing cost management strategies
- Partner with our engineering teams to ensure that their needs are met including providing key input on the company's technical roadmap and identifying bottlenecks before they impede company execution
- Manage relevant vendor relationships
- Manage office infrastructure, moves, and shutdowns
- Bachelor's degree or above (technical major preferred)
- 7+ years progressive IT Infrastructure experience required
- 3+ years experience managing people and building technical teams
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs
- Exceptional organizational skills and clear and consistent communication
- Experience working in engineering or operations in a hands-on technical role
- Experience leading or working in a DevOps team
- Experience with cybersecurity tools and standards
- Experience with cloud, physical, and virtualized systems
- Experience with networking and content delivery
- Experience with IT and OT security
- MBA or Master's degree in a technical discipline
Launched September 2013, as an online home improvement network connecting homeowners with qualified professionals, Porch has grown into the industry-leading partner for the home. Porch provides software and services to more than 8000 companies across verticals such as home inspection, moving companies, and others associated with the real estate transaction. Through these relationships, Porch helps make moving less stressful for approximately 1/3 of all US homebuyers each month through a variety of services such as insurance, moving, TV/internet, and home automation and security. When homeowners are moved in, Porch helps make maintenance easy with more than 160 different home services offerings through Porch.com. Focused on assisting customers at every stage of the "home journey" – including moving in, installations, assembly, repairs and ongoing maintenance – last year alone, the company facilitated over 2 million home-related projects, generating over $2 billion in revenue for small business owners.
TechnologyView all jobs at Porch