The goal of the Technical Support Specialist is to provide high quality technical support for all ACE Cash Express retail centers. The ideal candidate will be customer focused and deliver customer service with high urgency and commitment to resolve issues as quickly as possible. This position requires working shifts, including evening, nights and weekends. Must be willing to carry a cell phone for after-hours support during on-call based on rotation schedules.
This person will be assigned to the Technical Support team, located at the ACE Cash Express corporate office, providing remote (phone) point of sale (POS) technical support for all ACE retail centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides technical support to ACE Cash Express centers
2. Provides excellent customer service in each and every interaction
3. Collaborates closely with Helpdesk team to enhance troubleshooting skills and techniques
4. Highly motivated to drive/improve first contact/call resolution (FCR)
5. Has deep problem solving skills, able to assess and determine solutions quickly
6. Displays a strong work ethic and operates with a high sense of urgency at all times
7. Has excellent time management and organizational skills
8. Able to work prioritize workload and work queues
9. Effectively communicate with center associates with a sense of caring, patience and commitment to resolve issues
10. Analyze recurring themes and develop recommendations to reduce or eliminate those issues
11. Build training documentation to enhance to broaden Help Desk skills and capabilities to achieve incremental FCRs
12. Able to configure center PCs and related equipment for deployment to retail outlets
13. Assist in the development and/or maintenance of policies and procedures as required
14. Diagnosis and correction for hardware/DSL/phone components
15. Able to effectively communicate with multi-levels of retail center management and associates
16. Documents every issue/ticket with concise resolution information as required
17. Takes initiative to continually develop new knowledge/skills to reduce resolution times
18. Approaches each issue with a positive attitude, patience, and creativity
19. Understands when to escalate issues and/or seek assistance
20. Proactively plans for new releases and/or rollouts
Qualification and Requirements
Education and/or Experience:
1. College degree or equivalent and/or 2 - 4 years related work experience with Desktop, Help Desk, Service Desk experience and/or Point of Sale software/hardware experience.
2. Basic Knowledge of hardware and software break/fix. Basic knowledge of Microsoft products.
3. Advanced knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7.
4. A strong understanding of operating systems and related utilities, and advanced knowledge in hardware configuration and repair.
5. Advance knowledge of MS Office products.
6. Basic knowledge of SQL and/or other database query tools
7. A strong understanding of PC hardware and operating systems and related utilities.
8. Retail and small business experience is also a plus.
Technical & Other Skills:
Experience with the following is required:
· Database product (SQL)
· PC Anywhere
· Carbon Copy
Experience and/or knowledge in the following areas is a plus:
Possesses these qualifications/experience
· Basic concepts of WAN/LAN connectivity
· Basic knowledge of WAN/LAN troubleshooting skills
· Basic telephony layout per ACE standards
· Knowledge of how other hardware (Panini/Camera/ MICR/MG/etc) functions within the center
· Must be able to troubleshoot hardware as it relates to PCs, printers and other center peripherals
· Excellent trouble shooting skills are a must
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, use the hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands, climb; and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must have appropriate vision to see up close, and at a distance with ability to adjust vision and focus.