Pools Plus is accepting applications for Full-Time or Part-Time year round Swimming Pool Service Technicians.
Pools Plus is celebrating its 31st year in Hutchinson as a leader in the pool & hot tub industry, and is currently seeking successful goal-orientated and positive individuals to join our award winning team.
A career at Pools Plus is rewarding, fun, and challenging. A family atmosphere working with a group of caring co-workers makes a career at Pools Plus the best place to be.
Primary responsibilities include the ability to:
- Diagnose, repair and maintain swimming pools, including but not limited to filter systems, pumps, motors, salt systems and automation.
- Use prior knowledge to maintain proper chemical balance in swimming pools.
- Use manual swimming pool vacuum cleaners to clean pools.
- Check and repair corrosion, cracks and leaks in pool walls or floors.
- Confirm that equipment such as pool covers, diving boards and slides are in good working order.
- Transport and store hazardous chemicals.
- Respond to service orders assigned in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery or equipment.
- Operate and inspect tools/equipment and make minor adjustments and repairs.
- Operate vehicles to transport various types of materials and equipment.
- Completely log, in detail, service calls including equipment, parts, supplies, materials used and follow up needed.
An ideal candidate would have experience working with and servicing in-ground and above ground swimming pools. This would include pool openings and closings, experience with and successful record of diagnosing and repairing pool heaters, control systems, salt systems, filters, pumps and some PVC plumbing experience, as well as diagnosing and making repairs to necessary equipment on the swimming pool in an efficient manner. Scope of work includes: filters, heaters, pumps, control systems, lighting, disinfecting systems and chemical control systems. Experience with automatic pool covers is a plus. Knowledge of hydraulics, electricity, mechanical systems and pool water chemistry is helpful. The candidate will open & close pools, complete service calls, install and repair pools and pool equipment, complete leak detection and repair leaks, plumbing repairs, heater repairs/installs, new equipment installation, salt system installs/troubleshooting, variable speed pump installs & programming, automation systems. Pool Operator Certification is a big plus! The candidate will often be interacting with homeowners in a friendly and helpful manner to provide answers to questions and often simply be a friendly face for them during a stressful time. Electrical, plumbing and carpentry background would be a plus. Training will be provided. Having strong problem solving skills and good troubleshooting skills is a plus.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Maintain a positive, cooperative working relationship with supervisor and other employees.
- Have a clean, professional appearance and be able to communicate with customers in a polite manner.
- Self-starter who is able to work under little supervision, and has excellent time management skills.
- Understand and carry out in detail written instructions.
- Perform heavy manual labor - lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling heavy objects.
- Drive vehicle safely and in accordance with traffic laws. (Have valid license with good driving record required)
- Maintain a clean and safe company provided vehicle.
- Plan, organize, schedule work and perform varied tasks.
- Assist customers in the service and parts department.
- Work in all different climates/elements.
- Be willing to work extra long hours during our prime season - overtime pay provided.
- Competitive wages, overtime, commissions, and incentive programs available.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacations.
- 401k matching contribution.
- Pay and bonuses are based on experience and job performance.