Guest Experience Host (Full-Time/Part-Time)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $30 Hourly
Ponzi Vineyards has been acquired by legendary French family wine group S.J. Bollinger (Champagne Bollinger, Champagne Ayala, Burgundy wine Chanson, Loire Valley wine Langlois Chateau, and Cognac Delamain), with the ambition to make it the top-of-mind brand for Oregon fine wine. We are a premium Oregon Pinot Noir and Chardonnay producer that is located just 22 miles from Downtown Portland in the Chehalem Mountains/Laurelwood District AVAs. We are seeking an energetic, fun, and ambitious individual to join our team as our Tasting Room Host.
The ideal candidate will have a polished appearance, warm and professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills. A strong work ethic, attention to detail and good organizational skills are also key attributes. Reporting directly to the Hospitality Director, this individual will play a key role in our hospitality team, managing our reservation system, building our CRM database and effectively representing the Ponzi Vineyards brand with every guest interaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Greet guests with a warm welcome while checking them in.
• Answer and manage incoming calls in a professional, timely manner.
• Assist the Tasting Room team with escorting guests to their table.
• Making outbound calls to confirm appointments and resolve cancellations.
• Updating and enhancing customer profiles in Tock and Wine Direct
• Detailed data entry and direct to consumer projects.
• Assist sales team with responding to and booking guest experiences via email and phone.
• Maintain a keen knowledge of winery’s wine portfolio, pricing, and sale opportunities.
• Ongoing filling and organizational projects.
• Maintain wine and merchandise areas, stocking, organizing, and cleaning as needed.
• Hospitality support, as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a warm/positive team-oriented attitude.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understands and values external and internal customers.
- Maintains an optimistic approach with a can-do, results oriented mindset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of detail and customer service.
- Instill trust and confidence that tasks will be done according to the plan and on time.
- Demonstrates integrity, is forthright, accepts responsibility, is personally accountable, straightforward, truthful, and of good character.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer satisfaction at the highest level.
- Hospitality Team engagement and satisfaction.
- Leadership engagement and satisfaction.
Requirements and Experience:
- 1+ year host experience is a plus.
- Keen understanding of TOCK, WineDirect, and MS Office Suite are a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- WSET level 1 or higher is a plus but not required.
- 21 years of age of older.
- Able to stand for up to 8+ hours
- Able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work weekdays/weekends 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, with flexibility to work occasional holidays and evenings.
Compensation & Benefits:
Average high-season hourly rate of $25 - $30/hr. that includes a base hourly rate of $17.50/hr. + a portion of gratuities.
Wine & retail merchandise at 50% off.
Earn accrued paid sick time.
More about Ponzi Vineyards: Founded by Dick and Nancy Ponzi in 1970, Ponzi Vineyards is one of Oregon’s original wineries that has contributed to fostering the success and growth of the region’s Pinot Noir over the last 50 years. In April 2021, the Bollinger Family united with the Ponzi Family in its first official acquisition outside of France with Luisa Ponzi remaining as the Director of Winemaking and Viticulture.
More about The Bollinger Family: In addition to the iconic Champagne Bollinger, the Bollinger family owns the following leading historic French producers: Champagne Ayala, founded in 1860, and specialist in Chardonnay-dominant Champagnes; Domaine Chanson, founded in 1750, owner of 111 acres of Premier and Grand Cru vineyards in the heart of Burgundy; Langlois-Chateau, founded in 1885, a leading historical producer of Cremant and now also with important Sancerre holdings, all together totaling 175 acres in the best parts of the Loire Valley; and Cognac Delamain, founded in 1824, renowned for focusing entirely on the production of highest quality, aged Cognacs, only XO and above. These domains are all linked to their terroir by owning and farming vineyards. S.J. Bollinger’s mission is to offer consumers around the world great experiences around premium wines from the best wine regions.
TourismView all jobs at Ponzi Vineyards