We have a new opportunity for a Clinical Nurse to join our team. Pony Bird is a uniquely fun work environment. A day at work here has a special meaning and lots of fun activities!
The Clinical Nurse functions in the role of:
- expert clinician and consultant for the care and treatment of a specified population of individuals with severe to profound physical and mental disabilities.
- monitoring the care of consumers/residents and provides support necessary to improve care and individual outcomes.
- a leader, patient advocate, agent of change, cost-effective practitioner and a supervisor of Charge (MA1) staff.
Pony Bird, Inc. provides 24-hour care for 60 people who are significantly physically and intellectually disabled. Our core principles include compassion, dignity, respect, integrity and teamwork. There are residential care facilities in Mapaville (near Festus) and in DeSoto, Missouri. This role would be located in the Mapaville facility.
- Must be licensed to practice as an RN or LPN in the state of Missouri.
- Valid Missouri Chauffeur's License or ability to obtain one.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of care principles affecting individuals with severe to profound developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (ability to communicate both orally and in writing).
- Excellent keyboard and software skills to keep computerized records.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of the care planning process.
- Proven ability to be flexible and responsive to consumer needs.
- Able to perform consumer transfers using assistive lifting devices.
- Must be able to take and give accurate verbal directions and telephone orders.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Ability to work independently.
Pony Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer