- Posted: over a month ago
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 401K Matching
- Paid Time Off
- 2 Paid Holidays (Thanksgiving + Christmas) + 2 Floating Holidays
You will be a good fit for this role if you have proven experience managing a boutique destination resort property with multiple units including multiple kitchens, restaurants, bars, pools and winemaking equipment.
Ponte Winery is looking for an experienced candidate who will direct, manage and work in a hands-on format, alongside the maintenance team across three properties consisting of two working wineries, and a 90-room hotel.
This role is ideal for an experienced leader who is accustomed to leading by doing. You must be comfortable being on your feet interacting with staff, guests, multiple departments, and Managers daily, while easily balancing numerous administrative duties.
If this description meets your experience and skill set, we look forward to hearing from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of guests and associates by maintaining a clean, safe and secure facility.
- Ensure compliance with all required OSHA and CAL OSHA regulations and maintain current documents necessary to comply with all OSHA regulations and inspections.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal agencies, including hazardous materials, SWIP, and backflow certifications.
- Aid in demolition and construction projects, heavy lifting, loading and unloading of equipment and furniture.
- Supervise the installation, service and repair of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and carpentry work.
- Perform work involving multiple crafts to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and structures in excellent working condition.
- Perform hands on work like pipe fitting, insulating, welding, machining, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Assist with painting and repair of roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assist with coordinating expansion projects and new construction.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for equipment and machinery.
- Manage the proper use, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Respond to onsite emergencies through notifications from the alarm company or onsite associates in a timely manner including calls outside normal working hours.
- Schedule and supervise multiple small construction projects.
- Secure bids and manage approved third-party contractor support.
- Manage vendor contracts and warranty programs. Achieve objectives in service, quality, and cleanliness.
- Ensure all areas of the facilities are maintained in good working order.
- Understand, teach, and adhere to the environmental standards set by Company.
- Coach, counsel and manage scheduling and performance of maintenance technicians.
- Prepare annual department budget and quarterly reports.
- Produce weekly status reports for the General Manager.
- Complete daily maintenance logs and inventory control.
- Perform all other duties as requested by the General Manager or Managing Partner.
- Ponte retains the sole discretion to modify, add to, or subtract from your duties at any time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong managerial, leadership and communication skills.
- Multiple years of management experience.
- Strong technical capacity.
- Relevant maintenance and construction experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal safety regulations and codes.
- Make decisions quickly and accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
- Provide direction to all associates in a respectful manner.
- Pass safety training.
- Have a proven clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 10-hour construction safety certification is a plus.
- Other certifications pertaining to facilities management is a plus.
Real EstateView all jobs at Ponte Winery
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?