- Posted: over a month ago
Ponte Vineyard Inn is a Trip Advisor Top 10 Hotel in the U.S. and our 90 room boutique Hotel boasts stunning views of our beautiful Temecula Wine Country Ranch. We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef to oversee the operations in our three restaurants: Bouquet Restaurant, The Cellar Lounge, and The Poolside Bar & Café.
The Executive Chef is responsible for all day to day food production for the Kitchens and the Banquet department by ensuring quality, consistency, and presentation that are of the highest standards. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and all recipes. Supervises kitchen staff and monitors their daily production and training. We are looking for a Chef to take the reins of a proven concept and move it forward post Covid-19 by using tried and true recipes.
Compensation: Starting at $80k
- Health, Vision & Dental
- 401K Matching
- 2 Paid Holidays (Christmas + Thanksgiving) + 2 Floating Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the adhere to Ponte values and service standards and adheres to them.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Produce the highest quality of food for large events that range from 12 to 350 guests.
- Ensure the highest levels of sanitation level, cleanliness and safety in all kitchen areas, to maintain the County “A” ratings.
- Maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Hire, train and supervise all kitchen associates in the proper operating, safety and health standard procedures.
- Safeguard all food preparation from associates by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Work with the facility manager and outside vendors to maintain all company-owned kitchen equipment to the highest standards.
- Test and inspect protein weights, evaluate products for quality, monitoring yields, maintaining par product on hand, FIFO and controlling food waste.
- Monitor their teams’ food preparation to ensure economical and labor costs within budget.
- Work closely with food and beverage managers to ensure and maintain controls for purchasing and receiving items for all F&B departments.
- Conduct R&D to continuously improve food quality and presentation.
- Purchase food and supplies for operation of the restaurant/banquet department at the best price and quality from vendors approved by company.
- Prepare the weekly associate schedule spreadsheet. Ensures compliance with labor laws including enforcing breaks, meal breaks and overtime.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Establish controls (inspects, weighs and evaluates products) to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which helps to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of budget; food cost spreadsheets and labor weekly reports and monitors results; taking corrective action as necessary to help reach financial goals.
- Interact with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- Provide training and professional developments opportunities for kitchen staff
- Conduct weekly lineups for associates to be updated information from management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years experience as an Executive Chef in a hotel, resort or similar venue.
- Must have culinary creativity as demonstrated by a cooking test.
- Excellent knowledge of current culinary trends.
- High-volume hands-on production kitchen experience.
- Comfortable with all aspects of product/supplies specifications, purchasing, receiving and storage issue.
- Ability to create all menus needed in the restaurant and banquet operation.
- Maintain daily food and labor costs that are acceptable to company.
- Understands federal, state and local food sanitation regulations.
- Monitor food safety & sanitation, keeping within health codes.
- Ability to make quick and sound decisions.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Expert food knowledge and food paring with wine.
- Experience in training and educating staff.
- Ability to lead and provide direction to associates in a respectful manner.
- Integrity (honesty and truthfulness).
- Has attention to detail.
Ponte Vineyard Inn
FoodView all jobs at Ponte Vineyard Inn
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?