Lead Aquatic Pest Control Technician
Looking for a highly self motivated individual who can work alone or with a team. Someone who wants to grow with the organization adding responsibility as time and skills change.
- Employment type: full-time
- First year paid vacation time: 5 days annually
- Paid holidays
- After one year of employment – eligible for a bonus program
- Overnight travel required occasionally
- General work hours are 6 am to 4 pm through spring and summer and 7am to 5pm in winter depending on work load
- Monday through Friday work week, with the occasional Saturday work necessary
$30,000 - $35,000 annually + bonusesResponsibilities:
- The goal of an Aquatic Technician for urban lake management tasks such as aquatic vegetation control using aquatic herbicides, fountain maintenance and trash pick-up and disposal from the lakes; with the highest priority being aesthetically pleasing ponds and lakes within neighborhoods and parks.
- The best candidate for this position will be able to identify nuisance aquatic plant species, knowing which herbicide and how much herbicide to apply to the lakes using specialized terrestrial and waterborne spray equipment.
- Being flexible with the day to day schedule is imperative.
- This person will be responsible for moving from several different types of jobs doing different things daily.
- Trash pickup and disposal is another important aspect of keeping a pond or lake aesthetically pleasing and the Aquatic Technician will help with this effort. We will be using this position to help in any part of the business and is not focused on one part.
- High school diploma or higher education.
- Knowledgeable about pesticides, spraying equipment and pest identification.
- Prior landscaping, golf course maintenance, commercial pesticide application or aquatic plant management experience.
- Mechanically inclined – equipment maintenance and field repairs.
- Practices personal accountability, integrity and honesty at all times, in everything.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions – around water (swimming ability required), hot and cold weather conditions, ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Equipment aptitudes – ability to learn and navigate large trucks (no CDL required) and trailers, boats and other equipment while multitasking.
- Computer skills – iPad, iPhone, Mac computers, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Evernote, internet browsers.
- Able to work alone for long periods of time and be flexible with work hours.
PondMedics, Inc. is a boutique, design build civil engineering firm that specializes in surface water engineering and management. We are a family owned business that has been operating in the south central U.S. since 2002.
The scope of specialties include the physical, biological and chemical components of surface water. The firm is growing year over year with a diversity of projects that include design, permitting, construction, renovation and management of surface waters. We service engineering firms, environmental consultants, government agencies, private land owners, real estate developers and more. We are currently hiring several positions to keep pace with our growing firm.