Small, service oriented veterinary hospital needs Veterinary Receptionist, part-time, hours to be decided with the right candidate, some Saturdays.
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable, courteous, friendly and portray a caring attitude, as this is the first impression clients get of our clinic. Whether it is checking a patient in at the desk or greeting them for an appointment. He or she must be trustworthy, have an excellent telephone & personal manner. Candidate must communicate well in the English language. Computer literacy is important, as well as the ability to multitask.
• be able to multitask, work in fast pace environment
• be able to operate a multi-line phone system
• be computer literate and able to easily learn medical software
• speak excellent English with correct syntax and have a superb phone presence
• be polite and at ease with the public
• be comfortable with salesmanship
• be compassionate and love animals
• be proficient with simple arithmetic
• be able to read, write, and file alphabetically without making errors
• have an extroverted and upbeat personality
• be a team player
• have no criminal record
• have reliable transportation & be able to be on the job by 7:15 am &/or stay until 7:00 p.m.
• must be available Saturdays with possible rotation
• must be able to lift 50lbs and sit for extended periods
Veterinary hospital experience required. Please email or mail in resume to Pond Point Animal Hospital, 632 New Haven Ave. Milford, CT 06460