Mid-Senior Architects (Hybrid Work Opportunity)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
About the Position
Pond is currently placing mid-senior level Architects to join our team. We work alongside a full service multi discipline team of professionals in a fast-paced passionate environment of dedicated and talented engineers, architects, planners and construction employees delivering comprehensive design consulting to our program managers who provide project management services to our customers.
Pond is an award-winning, full-service environmental, architecture, engineering, planning, and construction firm providing professional solutions to clients throughout the U.S. and globally for over 54 years. Pond’s staff of 550+ professionals provide a deep bench of experience and the capabilities to offer customized solutions that help clients manage projects from concept to completion – and everything in between – with confidence and clarity. Pond is ranked as the 80th largest engineering and design firm by ENR, Atlanta’s #1 engineering firm by Atlanta Business Chronicle, and the 2020 Employer of the Year by Georgia ACEC.
Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Ensures time and expense budgets are met.
- Leads the preparation of design and construction documents.
- Supervises work of Architects and Technicians.
- Interacts with clients to ensure that requirements are met.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract documents.
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic onsite observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Prepares studies and reports.
- Responsible for reviewing design budget and preparing production schedules.
- Meets with clients to develop production designs and parameters.
- Participates in design charrettes.
- Understanding of life safety.
- Prepares project designs and plans using BIM software and equipment.
- Oversees work of Technicians.
- Assumes lead role in preparation of construction documents.
- Performs building design.
- Prepares specifications and develops preliminary cost estimates.
- Researches materials and assembles details.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- LEED AP registration and strong working knowledge of LEED process preferred.
- Architecture license or individual seeking/pursuing registration is required.
- Able to lead and participate in a multi-discipline design charrette.
- Understanding and experience in using Revit/BIM is required. MS Office, Newforma
- Understanding and experience in Technical Quality and Constructability reviews.
- Understanding of fundamental project accounting processes.
- Able to periodically travel.
- Understanding of specification writing and project manual assembly.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required. Please note that we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
All offers of employment made by Pond & Company are contingent upon satisfactory background check results. Pre-employment background checks will be conducted on all candidates that are offered a position at Pond in compliance with program policy as well as state and federal regulations.
Apply for this position at http//careers.pondco.com. We are always looking for driven professionals of all disciplines to join our fast-growing company. For more information on our services, clientele or employment opportunities, visit our website at www.pondco.com AA/EOE.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Employment decisions at Pond are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state and local laws in jurisdictions where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pond & CompanyWhy Work Here?
Pond & Company is a full-services A/E/C firm with a strong culture of quality, safety, employee-development and community involvement!
Pond is a progressive, full-service architecture, engineering, planning and construction firm providing quality services to government, corporate and private sector clients throughout the world. We help clients achieve their missions by being Responsive People and Real Partners.
AddressPeachtree Corners, GA