Landscape Architect - Mid-Senior Level (Atlanta or Jacksonville)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Position
If you like working in a team that wakes up every day inspired to make an Impact in other people’s lives so that they can be encouraged to do the same for others, we have a position for you!
We are seeking Licensed Landscape Architects to join our growing Jacksonville, FL and Atlanta, GA offices. The successful candidate will be a member of our PLACE (Planning, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering) team. This candidate would be mentored by our dynamic team of design and engineering professionals and focused on overseeing technical excellence and consistency on a range of multidisciplinary projects and would also interface with clients and support proposal development as needed.
Pond is an award-winning, full-service environmental, architecture, engineering, planning, and construction firm providing professional solutions to clients throughout the U.S. and globally for over 57 years. Pond’s staff of 550+ professionals provide a deep bench of experience and the capabilities to offer customized solutions that help clients manage projects from concept to completion – and everything in between – with confidence and clarity. Pond is ranked as the 80th largest engineering and design firm by ENR, Atlanta’s #1 engineering firm by Atlanta Business Chronicle, and the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021 Employer of the Year by Georgia ACEC.
About Our Team
Our team of design professionals includes landscape architects, civil engineers, transportation engineers, architects, and urban planners. Our PLACE team is engaged in projects throughout the southeast and our existing client base includes local municipalities, state agencies, various federal agencies, non-profit organizations, and private clients. The successful candidate would be an integral part of our growing team and would have the opportunity to engage across markets and geographies.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Developing conceptual designs for a range of project types.
- Develop construction plans including hardscape and landscape designs with associated erosion control, tree protection, grading, and drainage plans.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams to execute detail design packages.
- Experience conducting construction observation site visits, reviewing shop drawings, creating punch lists, and coordinating with contractors.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations associated with various site and transportation projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Landscape Architecture.
- Florida or Georgia Licensure preferred (working towards licensure is acceptable)
- Experience working on multiple aspects of projects with emphasis on preparing technical plan drawings and construction documentation.
- Ability to oversee quality control of design processes and procedures.
- Desire and ability to oversee junior staff through education and mentorship of design processes and technical execution.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite required. Proficiency in Civil3D, ArcGIS, SketchUp, and Lumion preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, positive attitude, multi-task, and self-motivated to produce high quality work.
- Ability and desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Desire to contribute to business development to support PLACE in Jacksonville and Atlanta.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Employment decisions at Pond are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, and local laws in jurisdictions where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pond & Company
AddressPeachtree Corners, GA
Get fresh Work From Home Associate Landscape Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.