The Ponce Banker delivers exceptional customer service experience to customers. Providing first-class customer service experience at each customer touch point while enhancing the Bank’s bottom line and reputation. Creates engagement and contributes to the success of the Branch and ultimately the Bank.
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our customers, partners and prospects. Tailors solutions and offers recommendations to fulfill customer needs. Responsible for processing all paying and receiving transactions, and perform cash vault activities, in an accurate and timely manner. Understands and complies with internal policies and procedures and all required regulatory procedures. Supports the branch and banks business development plan and growth goals.
1. Proactively engages and greets the customers as they walk into the branch and provide one-stop customer service experience.
2. Delivers exceptional customer service by identifying customer needs, tailor solutions, make offers appropriate bank products and recommendations.
3. Sells Ponce products and services; (Deposit, Loans, Cash Management Services, etc.,)
4. Responds to customer inquiries, (in person, by phone, mail or email) and takes ownership while acting as the bank’s liaison between other departments and bank personnel. Understands customer needs, follows up, and assures customer satisfaction.
5. On boards customers and opens new accounts, completing all documentation related and adhering to our policy and regulatory requirements.
6. Completes monetary and negotiable instrument transactions using traditional and alternative channels such as smart ATM’s, TCRs or traditional teller stations.
7. Processes wire transfers and other electronic services, promotes and establishes alternative self-service options for our customers in order to enhance customer experiences.
8. Coordinates periodic customer calls and follow up meetings to provide value-added services.
9. Coordinates with other departments, cultivating partnerships, in order to obtain and provide appropriate referrals.
10. Completes all assigned training in a timely manner.
11. Complies with all internal policies and regulatory requirements (Bank Secrecy Act, etc.)
- Assures adherence to Bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Provides cross-functional support to other areas of the department and the Bank where service or assistance is needed.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Mandatory Training Curricula
Training is required of all Bank staff as related to regulatory mandated compliance topics and courses required for specific job functions. Career enhancement training courses are also available. Please refer to course catalog and management for details.
- Clearly communicates in English, Spanish is helpful
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematical skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- General knowledge of retail banking procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of banking regulations
- Moderate PC skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desires for sales
- Comfortable with technology: Smartphone, Online Banking, Remote Desktop Capture, ATM etc.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to travel to multiple branch locations if needed
- Typical office environment. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- May require working in a standing position for a continuous period of time
- Available to work Monday to Sunday; based on Business needs
A high school diploma, or equivalent, with an emphasis in a business curriculum.
A minimum of two (2) years’ related experience normally required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The policy of Ponce Bank is to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, genetic information, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, and any other class protected by federal, state or local law. Ponce Bank will affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity. The Bank will take affirmative action to insure applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and/or the Uniformed Services Employment & Re-employment Act are not discriminated against because of their race, religion, sex, national origin or handicapping conditions.