Temporary Maintenance Worker
- Posted: over a month ago
Temp Maintenance Worker
Incumbent will maintain and repair for the Tribe's buildings, properties (including rental units) and grounds.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide necessary repairs and maintenance to the Tribe's property as needed and as requested on work orders.
- Prioritize and complete work orders as received and submit a monthly report of all work orders.
- Maintain landscaping, which includes: mowing, weed control, planting and trimming of shrubs and trees.
- Clean internal areas of buildings which include: dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and window washing.
- Empty trash cans and consolidate trash for weekly pickup.
- Paint interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Repair parking lots and sidewalks.
- Remove snow and ice from parking lots and sidewalks.
- Maintain and repair buildings' plumbing and electrical systems which do not require licensure, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring and belts in machines and equipment such as truck and riding lawnmower.
- Keep a log of all service, maintenance and repairs performed on all equipment.
- Perform regular inspections to monitor for repair and safety hazards and prepare a plan of action to address the inspection findings.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Open and close buildings and may provide onsite monitoring when activities are taking place outside of normal office hours.
- Set up chairs, tables and equipment for meetings, activities and events.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and tools used by the Maintenance staff and submit to Procurement Officer at least annually.
- May be on-call after normal office hours for emergency or routine maintenance needs, including when business office is closed due to inclement weather.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
Will respond to requests of other employees in the Norfolk offices as it relates to this position's duties. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
This employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally up to or more than 100lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years related experience.
- Electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and/or general maintenance skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and be insurable.
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Certification or associate degree in electrical, carpentry, plumbing or related field.
- Computer proficiency with email, Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- One or more years experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 02/10/2020
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska
Real EstateView all jobs at Ponca Tribe of Nebraska