IT Help Desk Technician
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska Sioux City, IA
- Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Help Desk Technician
Information Technology Manager
Norfolk or Sioux City
Grade 5, ($13.50-$22.80)
The primary responsibility is to provide technical assistance on computer systems and peripherals serving as the first point of contact for the customer over the phone, email, or help desk system.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers who require technical assistance via phone, email, or help desk system.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues.
- Provide quick resolution of customer support needs with excellent customer service.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Keep record of issues and their resolution.
- Follow-up with customers and train them when necessary.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, and peripherals.
- Provide needed information on IT products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties. Works in conjunction with directors, managers, other Ponca Tribe of Nebraska staff, and external entities.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Physical requirements include carrying/lifting up to 5 pounds, frequently; up to 10 pounds, regularly; and up to 45 pounds, occasionally. Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to drive an automobile and operate computer keyboard and basic office equipment; subject to carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment with occasional travel to other locations
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft operating systems, mobile devices, networking, and multimedia.
- Two years experience diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-oriented and patient.
- Able to manage multiple priorities on deadline under minimal supervision.
- Valid driver's license and be insurable.
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Associates degree in computer Science or similar relevant field.
- Previous help desk or call center experience.
- IT Industry certifications
- Experience using helpdesk ticketing systems, remote management software, antivirus, Office 365, Active Directory, VOIP, Adobe, remote desktop, and encryption, proxy card entry.
- One year of' experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Law 93-638: Indian Self-Determination Act, Tribal organizations and funding opportunities.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 11/2/20
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska
AddressSioux City, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Ponca Tribe of Nebraska