Deputy Director of Tribal Affairs
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Deputy Director of Tribal Affairs
Tribal Affairs Administration
Executive Director of Tribal Affairs
Grade 10 ($51,188-$78,051.24)
Incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Tribal Affairs in the overall planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the Tribal programmatic goals. Incumbent will also assist the EDTA in the daily administrative management and supervision of all staff.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists and supports the EDTA with managing all office sites and provide general direction through the EDTA to all personnel.
- Assist the EDTA in leading the development and implementation of the strategic plan for administration and Tribal Council to follow.
- Provide analysis of monthly program expenditures, follow-up with respective directors and advise EDTA of discrepancies.
- Audit programs on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance with goals and objectives.
- Review all grants before submitted to the EDTA for approval.
- Work closely with department heads to ensure program standards are met.
- Assist program directors with budget development before submitting to EDTA for approval.
- Act as liaison between personnel and EDTA and handle routine personnel actions such as, but not limited to verbal and written warnings, implement personnel performance plans and employee counseling.
- Responsible for ensuring the Tribal Affairs staff are implementing the Ponca Preference hiring policy on a consistent and unbiased basis.
- Seek opportunities for federal, state, local and private grants in coordination with the Grants Department which may assist the Tribe in advancing departmental goals and objectives.
- Review and approve check requests for A/P at headquarters on behalf of the EDTA on an alternating schedule with EDTA.
- Provide administrative oversight of all Tribal facility management activities involving assessing, planning, funding, coordinating etc.
- Lead, guide and motivate staff under supervision.
- Inform the relevant staff of any kind of change in policy of the government.
- Assist in developing the strategies of administration, discipline, policies, systems, process and HR.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the EDTA or the Tribal council.
Relationships and Authority:
This position is responsible for assisting with the daily activities of employees while receiving direction and supervision from the EDTA and assumes the duties of the EDTA in his/her absence. Directly supervises positions as assigned.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Professional office environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, social services or related field
- Two years in related administrative experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience including multi-level staffing.
- One year of grant and budget management.
- One year of procurement administration.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and be insurable.
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Master's degree in business, education, social services or related field.
- One or more years in Tribal administration.
- One or more years in developing and maintaining inter-governmental relationships and agreements when deemed necessary.
- One year experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Law 93-638: Indian Self-Determination Act.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 06/23/2018
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska
AddressSioux City, IA
ConstructionView all jobs at Ponca Tribe of Nebraska