Chief Executive Officer
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska Omaha, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
Chief Executive Officer
Grade 22 ($160,661.60 to $234,179.94))
Provides administrative oversight for all Ponca Health Services operations assuring top level performance for the delivery of health care to patients and clients of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska's service areas. The CEO has the overall responsibility for the planning, program implementation, and administrative management of clinical, administrative programs and dental programs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides direction and leadership in achieving or modifying the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska (PTN) Tribal Health philosophy, mission, strategy, and annual goals and objectives ensuring continuous patient satisfaction. Oversees management of expansion projects.
- Provides direction to formulate long and short-range plans to address the existing Indian health care needs within the service areas: gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining beneficial relationships with outside organizations, committees, boards, and education institutions for the purpose of promoting the PTN and its efforts to improve the health of the Native American People.
- Works closely with the Tribal Council to ensure clinic programs and tribal health programs are integrated. This requires regular meetings between the two entities to ensure budgetary and program concerns are discussed and addressed.
- Directly supervises multiple team leaders to ensure effective delivery, improvement and coordination of services.
- Oversees management of all specific projects assigned by Tribal Council.
- Establish partnership at all levels across division, department, and functional lines to achieve optimal results.
- Will obtain and maintain accreditation, ensuring clinic staff is fully engaged in the accreditation efforts.
- Directs the formulation of yearly budgets administrates funds and ensures that the clinic conforms to the conditions set forth in all contracts including the Indian Health Service and any other funding sources and is accountable for all funds expended.
- Responsibility for providing a report to the Tribal Council that includes statistical data and analysis, progress on strategic goals, health trends, budgetary compliance etc.
- Enforces client confidentiality and the privacy act along with all HIPPA laws.
- Coordinates efforts for strategic planning and updating for all clinic services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
Responsible for the administration of all Ponca Health Services operations and staff.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours. Employee is subject to emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel and visitors.
- Bachelor's Degree in health, business, public administration or an equivalent degree.
- Two years minimum in related administrative health care experience working in the Indian Health Service.
- Five years' experience managing clinical project with budget over $10,000,000.
- Experience developing multi-functional clinical environment.
- Three years supervisory experience including multi-level staffing.
- One year of grant and budget management.
- One year of procurement administration.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Access database programs.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have valid driver's license and be insurable.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Master's degree in health, business, public administration or an equivalent degree.
- Three years minimum in related administrative health care experience working in the Indian Health Service.
- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of Public Law 93-638 (Indian Self-Determination Act and Indian Health Services programs.)
- Professional Health Licensure/Experience
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 10/28/2019, rev. 4/6/21, 5/5/2021
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska
BusinessView all jobs at Ponca Tribe of Nebraska