Ponca City Development Authority Ponca City, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The successful Purchasing Assistant is quality driven and detail oriented. This role assists the Purchasing Manager with daily project administrative tasks so that they can spend their time on operations and strategic development with an aim towards resolving current and future order issues.
- Check transaction reports are generated with accurate data for processing.
- Verify paperwork is accurate, up to date and well organized to expedite review process.
- Immediately identify purchase order issues and forward to the Purchasing Manager for resolution.
- Claims are brought to the attention of the Purchasing Manager in a timely manner.
- Assures accuracy of all open purchase orders.
- Compiles acknowledgements for Manager review.
- Data Entry and analysis resolution areas of focus
- Vendor Quotes for Price changes
- Cycle count adjustments
- Invoice discrepancies
- Month end reconciliation of receivables
- PO confirmations
- Assists sorting of specs by vendors for Purchasing Manager’s review.
- Maintains accurate filing of PO’s and receivables.
- Monitors warehouse receipt reports and updates transactions summary reports.
- Notifies Purchasing Manager of any vendor shipping delays.
- Monitors warehouse receipt reports for any discrepancies.
- Expedite identified items to ensure proper inventory levels
- All other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working experience of vendor management software – project management software.
- Meticulous “eye” for detail and accuracy.
- Desire to grow, take on new responsibilities, and establish yourself on our team.
- One to three (1-3) years of purchasing experience.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat are required.
- Degree in Purchasing or Merchandising or equivalent experience desired.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Powered by JazzHR
Ponca City Development Authority
AddressPonca City, OK
BusinessView all jobs at Ponca City Development Authority