Ponca City Development Authority Ponca City, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position will aid in daily purchasing, procurement, and quoting needs. Individual will work with the receiving and production team to coordinate the delivery of material on schedule and within budget. In addition, they will work with external suppliers to place orders as well as obtain quotes for future projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter purchase orders into system, ensure receipt of order acknowledgements/confirmations and verify costs
- Obtain materials at lowest possible cost with considerations of quality, reliability, and urgency of need
- Closely monitor “expected dates” to avoid product shortages and work with vendors to meet product delivery requirements
- Manage and resolve issues regarding Purchase Orders to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Spend time on production floor identifying materials and managing inventory of materials.
- Purchasing experience is a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience using MRP system to track materials and operations preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Perform all duties at a consistently high proficiency with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn the products, terminology, and applications of the various equipment we manufacture and how it relates to the customer’s products
- Capability to use Microsoft office
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Ability to assess all conditions relevant to the proposed application to ensure the best possible recommendations and outcome
- Posses basic mechanical aptitude to understand terminology and how it applies to the application of our equipment to the process
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Ability to report and speak effectively in front of others
- Maintain a motivating attitude to oneself and others to resolve challenges as they arise
Daily routine will be in an office. Occasional time spent within the production area for scheduling production. While in the shop, the employee is subject to: high noise levels, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, fumes and dust; and exposure to explosive gases. Proper PPE shall be worn in these areas of the facility as required.
Powered by JazzHR
Ponca City Development Authority
AddressPonca City, OK
BusinessView all jobs at Ponca City Development Authority