The University Center at Ponca City is North Central Oklahoma’s access to public higher education. The UC offers degrees from 2 years Associates up to Graduate level degrees. In addition the UC has STEM academies featuring robotics and computer programming.
The UC is looking for a 3D Print/3D Design instructor for building and developing more STEM opportunities at the UC. The UC is looking for a motivated, engaging, and dynamic instructor. This position would be ideal for instructors, teachers, engineers, Science or Math majors, college students, or post-grads with a heart for building, design, teaching, and learning. The UC intends for this position to be responsible for the program design and delivery, scheduling, lesson planning, outreach, and more.
The UC is looking for a creative individual who loves “making things”, working with students, and wants a big role in a small successful organization. Currently we’re looking to create and design courses utilizing 3D printing and 3D design utilizing free software tools, and our 12 MakerBot 3D printers. The course goals will be to create engaging projects to foster and encourage solutions that require research, design, and application in a clearly defined timeline.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has experience working with groups of students. We do require all personnel to pass a background check prior to employment. The program will be based at the UC at Ponca City. This position will be part time. The UC will pay for training, planning, set up and tear down for each workshop. The instructor will work alongside the UC staff in planning rooms, times, materials, and developing schedules for each workshop.The UC does have a curriculum template from PrintLab to assist with course design and implementation.
- Develop course unit plans and do research on topics before the Academy starts with details that explain methods used to achieve the course goals and objectives.
- Plan and organize Academy materials that convey STEM and Computer Coding concepts to school students.
- Assist students when needed with projects involving Math, Science, Engineering, Math, and Computer Coding.
- Give guidance and direction to UC staff.
- Meet and schedule Industry speakers to discuss their positions, training, and education required for their position in Ponca City for Academy students.
- Present concepts and principles that are engaging in the areas of STEM
- Prepare projects that will be completed and showcased for parents and guardians.
- Demonstrate effective application principals to relevant real world settings.
- Troubleshoot and assist with 3D printers and mobile laptops
- Experience in educational settings
- Experience in STEM related areas or profession preferred
- Proficient in lesson planning and implementation
- Experience researching ideas; ability to problem solve, ability to inspire and present compelling information in an informative manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Experience with 3D design software and 3D printing
- Ability to walk and move around the campus and other locations around Ponca City
- Self-driven and work independently
This position is hourly. With courses planned and coordinated with the schedule of the STEM director. The UC is currently looking for courses to be delivered after 3pm during the traditional school year. Additional courses would be planned throughout the summer at various times. Scheduling will be done well in advance.
Powered by JazzHR
Ponca City Development Authority