Director of Accounting Services
Pompay Group is looking for an exceptional accounting professional to join our leadership team as Director of Accounting Services.
Who we are:
Pompay Group is a fast-growing accounting and financial management company that provides high quality services to start-ups and small businesses. For more information, see our website at www.pompaygroup.com.
Please note that we do not provide tax or assurance services.
What you will do:
As the Director of Accounting Services, you will be an important member of Pompay Group’s leadership team. You will:
· Set up services for new clients: You will work with the business development team to onboard new clients. You will mentor the assigned Pompay Group Account Manager and coordinate with client to implement our services and ensure an effective and efficient transition of work scope to our international accounting team.
· Supervise services for our portfolio of clients: You will supervise an international team of accountants to ensure each client's needs are met on an ongoing basis. You will be called on to help these accountants with any requests that go beyond their abilities or authorities. Clients will expect you to answer accounting related questions and to provide advice and insight on their business operations and results. They will expect you to develop resolutions to their accounting and financial management challenges.
· Lead process improvement and quality assurance: You will lead Pompay Group staff on a path of continuous improvement and seek to streamline and optimize our client services and our internal processes. This role will enable Pompay Group to evolve and adjust to our ever-changing environment and client base. You will draft and upgrade operating processes, policies and procedures, and training programs. You will research existing and emerging software options and implement approved platforms to increase productivity across the company and or client base.
We are looking for someone who is:
· Experienced. We need a steadfast professional who can lead the accounting for our portfolio of small-business clients. The ideal candidate has had successive roles in the field of accounting and financial analysis. Management experience is very valuable for this role. However, candidates must also have demonstrated bookkeeping and accounting experience and should expect to use that hands-on experience every day. You will be leading others by doing.
· Knowledgeable. You must have an excellent understanding of current accounting and bookkeeping best practices. The ideal candidate has a degree in accounting or a closely related field such as finance, business, or economics. Being a CPA and/or a Quickbooks ProAdvisor is a plus but is not required.
· Highly organized. You will coordinate the work of a diverse team of accountants to serve multiple clients across various industries. This requires exceptional organizational, time management, troubleshooting, and project management skills.
· Great at building strong, personal relationships. You are a primary contact for Pompay Group clients. It is important that you establish a personal rapport and value-adding reputation with the clients. More than just a bookkeeper, the goal in this position is to become a trusted client advisor. This takes excellent communication and relationship-building skills and a positive, friendly, outgoing attitude.
· Detail-oriented. Clients judge us primarily by our reliability, timeliness, consistency, and accuracy. The ideal candidate hates making mistakes, is detail oriented, functions with a sense of urgency, and derives immense pride from the quality of their work.
· Tech-savvy. You will need to be adept with computers and good at figuring out new systems and tools. Excel expertise is preferred. QuickBooks Online and/or Desktop experience is required. Experience with other accounting software, such as FreshBooks, Xero, Intacct, or NetSuite, is not required but would be a plus.
· An adaptable, fast learner. Every client has a different set of software, processes, requirements, etc., so each new client is a learning experience. We need someone who feels very comfortable diving in and figuring things out independently. A significate role of this position is problem solving and continuous process improvement for Pompay Group and its clients.
Why join Pompay Group:
· Grow with the company. Our firm is still small, but we have big plans to grow exponentially. This is a great opportunity to join our team early on and benefit professionally and personally from our success.
· Do work that matters. The clients we serve depend heavily on the quality of our work. We play a significant role in helping them grow profitably and provide additional jobs to others.
· Beyond accounting. Our clients span a variety of industries and employ a broad range of evolving business models. You will learn a tremendous amount from these nimble entrepreneurs, and if we are doing things correctly, they will embrace us as business partners rather than just service providers.
· Constant Improvement. We are always pushing to do better, from thinking of new ways to service our clients to discovering opportunities to make internal processes more efficient. Your leadership in this area will have a significant impact on both Pompay Group and our clients.
· Work effort. This is a full-time leadership position. You will need to work with our international team 2-3 hours per day (they are typically six hours ahead) as well as with our clients and other Pompay Group leadership members, who are in the U.S.
· Work locations and Travel. For the foreseeable future, you will be working in the home office of the President of Pompay Group (located in Amityville, NY) and may be able to work from your home for a portion of the day. You will be expected to make occasional day trips to clients and travel to our international location 1 to 2 times per year as needed.
· Compensation: The base annual salary for this position will start at $50,000. This base salary will increase as Pompay Group adds client accounts. We will discuss the details of this compensation structure when you are selected for an interview.
Please forward your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2020.