A minimum of three (3) years experience in hotel sales track record of success is required. If you have high performance standards, strong customer service skills and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The Sales Associate is responsible for the revenue and market share results of the hotel while demonstrating great customer service. Partners with the Sales Manager and the corporate leadership to advise, guide and support on various sales functions and initiatives. Ensure financial and revenue goals are achieved and sales productivity benchmarks are met.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrates creativity in finding solutions to problems
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to accurately interpret data to create forecasts and budgets.
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Sales Manager, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming the client reservation.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting room business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions.
- Make sales calls and solicitation calls to obtain business.
- Monitor pricing, service levels at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to up-sell clients.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates,
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Prepares periodic sales reports.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills combined with computer, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze STAR Data