Sr Software Engineer-Backend Java
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pomeroy is currently recruiting for a Sr. Software Engineer opportunity. This position will be focused on the backend and working with Java. This is a full time direct hire opportunity with our a client a leader in the transportation industry.
- Leads development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
- Leads development and implementation of new features that meet standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
- Tests and validates functional changes according to documentation provided: Testing includes logical validation using unit and mutation tests, and functional validation via integration and UI tests. Results of testing procedure are to be used as input to trigger additional investigation, alteration of existing test cases, or further troubleshooting to resolve newly-introduced issues
- Leads team members in execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Leads analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
- Acts as a technical consultant to the team's management by leveraging technical and domain knowledge to answer questions
- Provides technical leadership to the team and others through coaching and mentorship
Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 5 years of experience using technologies such as:
- Microservice, application programming interface design, publisher/subscriber, event driven, and streaming architectures. Example tooling can include but are not limited to Java 11+, .NET, C# and associated frameworks, AMQ and Kafka
- Implementation, performance management, and testing of relational databases (RDBMS) such as IBM DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL databases such as MongoDB also preferred
- Cloud based containerization and deployment strategies. Common tools can include Kubernetes, docker, and tomcat
- React Native framework or iOS/Android development experience
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)Work Experience:
Engineering, Software Development
For over 35 years, Pomeroy has enabled technology that enhances and empowers people in the workplace.
Today we partner with our clients to help them transform from a “one size fits all” delivery model to a personalized human experience that is a competitive differentiator and the key to delivering digital transformation and better business outcomes.
It’s all about delivering an exceptional experience, one that is simple, intuitive and secure – anytime, anyplace and from any device. Our workplace is no longer a physical location or workstation, rather it’s the place where a person can work at any given time with full capacity to do their job productively and effectively.
We deliver that experience by connecting the dots between people and their applications, across a network that is intuitive and automated to where the applications live, today that is in a hybrid IT environment, on premise and in the cloud, with security an integral part of everything we do.
We provide managed IT services to support our clients from our locations throughout North America, Latin America and Europe. Our service delivery model combines monitoring, prevention and resolution in an approach that is always aware, proactive and responsive.
Our field engineers support more than 50,000 sites across North America alone and respond to more than 3 million incidents and user requests annually covering 2 million desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets, servers, printers and other peripherals.
Our expertise connecting the workplace, network and hybrid IT is industry recognized, including Gartner recognition for over 17 years as one of a select few who can deliver agile, quality Managed Workplace Services.1
And although technology and innovation are key ingredients in our solutions, our people are our greatest asset. Over 3,000 highly motivated and diverse, dedicated to supporting our 700+ clients, from midsize organizations to large, well-known US and global brands, 15 in the Fortune 500.
“The Pomeroy Way” is our guiding principle. It’s a conscious understanding that who we are as individuals and how we choose to interact with others is a direct reflection of who we are as a company and how we will be viewed as an organization. It defines our company and our culture as the place to be, the place to stay and the place to grow.
Pomeroy Technologies, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Pomeroy Technologies, LLC
Get fresh Java Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.