Project Coordinator - MUST LIVE IN THE CINCY/NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MUST LIVE IN THE CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA TO BE CONSIDERED.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing a variety of project support tasks to aid in the successful completion of projects. The incumbent, under the direction of the Project Manager, assists with the planning, scheduling, organizing and communication of project activities and technical resources to meet the project objectives with quality and within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to this position.
- Primary point of contact for the Project Manager for reporting and status of projects assigned to him/her
- First point of contact for Getronics or subcontractor technical resources assigned to the Project
- First point of contact for Customers for project scheduling information, daily activity status, and general tactical questions regarding the Project.
- Performance of duties and responsibilities require some independent thought, as problems can be challenging and time sensitive.
- Coordinates scheduling of the technical field staff to meet client's project needs, requiring close coordination with the project management team to balance the competing demands of technical resources against the project schedule.
- Determine appropriate escalation of client issues in a mission critical environment.
- Have a thorough understanding of the escalation process and the use of alternate resources.
- Assist the Project Manager in identifying and adapting changes to the project scope, schedule, requirements, etc., utilizing the project Change Management Process
- Coordinate and integrate project resources and the requisite logistical (product delivery, recovery, staging, etc.) support for the project tasks and sub-tasks.
- Interact extensively with coworkers and frequently with clients to share and gather information to effectively track project status and activities.
- Interact with Recruiting, subcontractors, and third parties as necessary for project staffing and technical support for attrition, long term absences, additional manpower, etc.
- Assist with data tracking and reporting of transactional work activity, assets, and invoicing
Provide work instructions, process training, and record work effort of the technical resources assigned to the Project.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration, or other complimentary field of study, or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Typically requires 2 years experience in a sales or project support capacity, preferably in a technical environment, at least 1 year experience in a support role of projects with customer interface experience in a large corporate environment
- Strong client relation and presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organizing abilities and attention to detail.
- Experience in the use of microcomputers, LAN technology, work-station and network operating systems. Strong working knowledge of PC applications such as MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining project status information. Good presentation skills.
- Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of completing status and project documents.
- Facilitation and collaboration skills
- Team Player
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by multi-media; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk, stand and move about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must have ability to ascend and descend stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to effectively use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills and information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; and interact with colleagues, Clients and Vendors. Specific incumbent must maintain composure in a fast paced, high quality environment where personal and team accountabilities are the defining factors.
General Office Environment
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Other Specific Job Qualifications and/or Duties
This section is used to describe client or department specific qualifications for the position.
Pomeroy Technologies, LLC
Founded in 1981, Pomeroy provides high quality managed IT infrastructure services, professional and staffing services and procurement and logistics services, and is a recognized leader in the service desk and managed desktop services markets. Pomeroy is based in Hebron KY, in the Cincinnati OH metro area. Learn more about Pomeroy at https://www.pomeroy.com/managed-workplace-services/it-staffing-services/.