Desktop Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pomeroy is looking for a Desktop Support Technician or an IT Field Tech for a 3 month contract-to-hire. The appropriate candidate provides on-site field support to customers. Client Site Services IT Support staff works in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, and primarily in person (90% Primary function will be deskside visits). Entry Level candidates with only 1 year of experience are welcome to apply. Applicants with Level 1 IT Experience are also welcome to apply!
- You will be responsible to install and configure new IT equipment, perform PC Refresh, and deploy new hire installs of equipment.
- May also include diagnoses and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows 10) and across a range of software applications on the client machine (Office applications, Outlook, Skype for Business, etc.).
- PC moves, retirement and pickup of devices set for retirement.
- Wipe drives with proper chain of custody
- Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- Must accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system (Service Now).
- Must maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- 1+ years experience with PC installation, deployments and troubleshooting
- MS Office installation and support
- Understanding of SLAs and proper chain of custody.
- Basic inventory management and chain of custody. (HP products primarily used on site).
- Proven ability to resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- Installation of new hardware for customers, such as new monitors, docking stations, or keyboards.
- Candidates should possess the ability to schedule their own appointments with the customer via email, IM or phone or work in tandem with a dedicated scheduling staff/task assigner.
- Ability to maintain appointments/customer contact is required.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization in a professional manner.
- Some weekend work, OT, and travel may be necessary.
- Contract to hire
Pomeroy Technologies, LLC
3280 E Hemisphere LoopTucson, AZ
TechnologyView all jobs at Pomeroy Technologies, LLC
Get fresh Desktop Support Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.